Annoying habits

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I watched "Marley and Me" for the first time this past weekend (I know I am behind the times hehe). What I loved about the family is that no matter how bad Marley was, there was nothing he could do that would make them give him up. I feel the same way about my pets, even though they have their issues there isn't much they can do to make me give them away. So what annoying habits do your pets have?

May 14th, 2010, 07:39 PM
my.estrella's Avatar Ashley
I still haven't seen it, so I'm even more behind! lol

Lady, our older Lab, digs. She basically digs herself a den. She refuses to use a doghouse, and will only use a blanket if its cool outside.

Lexi......uses her paws a lot to express herself. She likes to paw at me if I'm not paying attention, or if I'm trying to have her focus and she's in a playful mood.

I know, neither are really that bad. Lexi has been trained and had hers corrected. Lady has just outgrown most of them.
May 14th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Arya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There is no way I'd ever give up any of my pets, for any reason. My cats don't have any annoying habits per se. I guess sometimes they climb on kitchen table. I try to discourage it, but you cant really stop it. They're cats, they'll do what they want when we're not looking haha So I make sure I wash the table very often. Oh and shedding, but that's not a habit hehe
May 14th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Lady, our older Lab, digs. She basically digs herself a den. She refuses to use a doghouse, and will only use a blanket if its cool outside.
I know that has got to be annoying and hell on your yard, but I find that funny!

My pit bull Jocelynn is a sock eater, not chewer, eater! She swallows them whole and then throws them up a couple days later. It seems no matter how careful we are and no matter how hard we try to keep them all put away, every now and then she manages to find that stray sock and gobbles it up. Of course she is smart enough to only do it when we aren't home, so we don't even know about it until she throws it up later.
My other dog Albert is a licker. He licks everything. He particularly likes to lick up the water around the water bowl and the floor. It doesn't sound so bad, but it's really gross to be walking and step in a wet area where he has been licking or to wake up to the smacking sound of him licking the carpet in the morning. Gross!
Then there is our younger cat Roo who crawls around the sides of our bed like fricking spiderman. It's funny, but noisy!

May 14th, 2010, 09:54 PM
my.estrella's Avatar Ashley
OH! That sock eating reminded me of Lexi's nastiest habit. She goes after "feminine products" from the trash. Absolutely disgusting.
May 14th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my guys drive me crazy at times, but i love them just the same all the comical and cuddly moments make up for their no-brains moments,hahahaha!!
gus wakes up WAY TOO EARLY on my days off!!! my other 2 dogs would be happy to enjoy the lazy days off-and eat breakfast whenever we get up..but gus has gotta eat at 7am sharp! then theres no going back to sleep once ive been up! grr!! lol!!
dave is an underware chewer/licker(EWW! lol!) so we gotta be sure to keep the laundry behind closed doors.....
and jasmine is just a princess and will cause a scene and scream at anything that upsets her lol! if her nail gets caught in a blanket youd swear from the noises that shes makes that someone stepped on her,lol! then theres the times she just wants attention...so she will scream that same bloody murder scream and just look at you waiting to be picked up *sigh* now that we know its an attention/ drama thing we just laugh at her cause its entertaining-but at first i thought something was seriously wrong with her!!! lol!!!! oh my silly dogs!!! lol!!!!
oh yeah, and theyre all lickers! whether it be us or guests-so irratating! dave licks hands and arms, gus has a foot fetish, and jasmine just licks her mouth constantly after eating(maybe to see if she missed a crumb? lol)

Last edited by LiveLoveLaugh; May 14th, 2010 at 10:36 PM.
May 15th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Rufus likes to take advantage of the bell on or door (he's bell trained, so when he needs to go out to pee, he rings a bell mounted at the door).

He likes to ring it all the time, just so he can go outside to play.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

May 15th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly the only annoying habit that our GSD had was the barking and lunging while on leash with big vehicles and other dogs because he got SO excited. We took him to a behaviorist and the problem was fixed in an hour and a half. I refuse to live with annoying habits in dogs (especially since mine are large) so we either train it out of them or seek the help of a behaviorist if needed.
May 15th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
OH! That sock eating reminded me of Lexi's nastiest habit. She goes after "feminine products" from the trash. Absolutely disgusting.

Eww! Joce used to do that too, so I moved all the bathroom trashcans under the sink so she can't get to them anymore. It's kind of funny because she is so well behaved and mannered when we are home, but as soon as we leave she gets into all these shananigans!

Quote:
Rufus likes to take advantage of the bell on or door (he's bell trained, so when he needs to go out to pee, he rings a bell mounted at the door).

He likes to ring it all the time, just so he can go outside to play.
Joce does this too, we don't have a bell but she just stares and grunts at you until you let her out. I know half the time she doesn't have to use the bathroom. She just wants out to be out!

May 16th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Amanda_Marie's Avatar Mommy to Owen
Wrigley loves to hide his rawhide bones we give him or any treats. It's cute, but his favorite place to hide them is under me and DH's bed pillows. So we go to bed at night and then feel something hard and lumpy and it's a nasty chewed dog bone

I wouldn't trade him for the world

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my beautiful siggy!
May 16th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Wrigley loves to hide his rawhide bones we give him or any treats. It's cute, but his favorite place to hide them is under me and DH's bed pillows. So we go to bed at night and then feel something hard and lumpy and it's a nasty chewed dog bone

I wouldn't trade him for the world
Aww.... He must really love you to trust you with his precious rawhide bones, lol! That is gross though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search