Check in

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2010, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So...who's still around and how are things going in your households? I know those with school aged children have had them starting back to school within the past 2-6 weeks, vacations are pretty well over from summer, coming up on Halloween and winter holidays...so what's the report family, pet, and other wise?
September 23rd, 2010, 09:08 PM
SoCal Mommy's Avatar Connor & Hayden's Mom
I'm here! On and off, around more when I have free time... Nothing new to report from our end, just glad the holidays are coming.

September 23rd, 2010, 10:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We're doing well also. My son started back to school about 7 weeks ago and tested for the gifted program at the end fo last month so we're waiting on those results (which we'll hopefully have soon) but he's doing GREAT in school and enjoys it.

Animal wise we're dong okay. Our GSD is doing really well and absolutely thriving and our 3 year old Boxer has his allergies under control, is healthy and also doing well. Unfortunately our senior girl isn't doing as well and I think we'll have to make the decision to put her down probably by the end of the year or the very beginning of next. Our kitties are both doing well also. Unfortunately it's just Erin who is struggling some .

Anyway all in all can't complain. Jobs are good, school is good, overall health is good.
September 25th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Arya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are doing good. I started a new job at the beginning of september and I love it. Kitties are doing good too. I really want to get a dog but I don't know when the best time it will be. Hubby wants to wait until we have a baby, but I'm not even pregnant yet and who knows how long that's going to take. And I don't want to wait! haha
September 25th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
We are doing good. I started a new job at the beginning of september and I love it. Kitties are doing good too. I really want to get a dog but I don't know when the best time it will be. Hubby wants to wait until we have a baby, but I'm not even pregnant yet and who knows how long that's going to take. And I don't want to wait! haha
That's great about the job congrats!

My personal advice would be to NOT wait until you have a baby unless you're willing to wait a year or two AFTER the baby to get the dog. Getting a dog right after having a baby is extremely stressful. Both events are stressful by themselves, put them together and it typically is not recommended for a variety of reasons. So given that you're not even pregnant at this point now would probably be a good time as long as your schedule could accomodate it. Thta way you'd have at least a year with the dog before a baby came along.

Good luck!
September 25th, 2010, 03:03 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We are doing good. DD started Kindergarten so its been busy.
Dottie our newest addition is doing great. She LOVES us and we love her. I wish she would get her energy out while in the yard instead of once she comes inside . But its a work in progress. The kittens are less afraid of her but still don't "like" Dottie. Dottie just wants to play with them lol.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 25th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post
We are doing good. DD started Kindergarten so its been busy.
Dottie our newest addition is doing great. She LOVES us and we love her. I wish she would get her energy out while in the yard instead of once she comes inside . But its a work in progress. The kittens are less afraid of her but still don't "like" Dottie. Dottie just wants to play with them lol.
Have you tried playing with her in the yard? Maybe teaching her how to play fetch? I know some dogs just won't do anything if left by themselves in the yard for whatever reason (or even with another dog)...maybe if you go with her she may run around a bit more? Or do you have a local park (not dog park just park) that you could take her to and put a stake in the ground and tie her out so she can run around. Maybe if she thinks she has freedom she'll run a bit more?

Hmm other than that I don't know LoL. Hopefully the kitties will come around with a bit of time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search