We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I'm more of a dog person, hubbies more of a cat person..
We have 4 dogs and 4 cats
We have one strictly indoor cat and 3 semi-ferals that are in an outdoor enclosure. We don't let them freeroam, but, they prefer being where they can watch the squirrels and birds. Our dogs are indoor/outdoor but mostly prefer the outdoors as we're on acreage and there's more to do outside.
For the semi-ferals, we use just regular yard sand for their litterboxes as that's what they were accustomed to before we trapped them. For our one indoor cat, we use unscented scoopable litter. Usually the Petco bulk unscented scoopable that you can get the refillable container for. His previous owner had all 4 paws declawed, so he is VERY particular about his litter. It has to be soft or he won't use it. We have three boxes for him, scoop them each twice a day and use unscented litter and still have the occasional inappropriate urination from him. At least now though it's very occasional instead of a weekly thing.
1. Do you like cats or dogs better? Why? Dogs. Cats aren't going to rip someone's arm off if they try to break in and harm us.
2. Do you own a cat or dog, or both? We have both...3 dogs 2 cats.
3. Does your dog/cat stay inside or out? All are indoors. Cats are 100% and have been for 10 years (since we've owned them), dogs are indoor/outdoor but more in than out.
4. Cat owners, what kind of litter do you use? Always use Ever Clean everything else just makes the house smell IMO. It's a little pricey but SO worth it as I've used every litter on the planet and haven't found any that get rid of the odor like this stuff.
I like cats better. I used to think they were easier to take care of until Bob.
2. Do you own a cat or dog, or both? I have 2 dogs and 2 cats.
3. Does your dog/cat stay inside or out? Cats are inside only, but Bob does escape outside but he's NOT supposed to. DH thought he wouldnt be able to climb the chain link fence... duh... he's a cat! The dogs live inside, but go outside whenever they bark at me to let them do so... I so need a doggie door.
I was more a dog person..until we adopted our cat. NOW i'm in the middle haha. Our cat is very loving and fun.
2. Do you own a cat or dog, or both?
We have two cats right now. Jack is about a little over a year old. Nibbler is under a year and we just recently adopted him. My dog died a year ago two months before her 17th birthday. I couldn't even imagine getting a new dog while she was alive. Right now we're waiting to get a new dog until we have the time for the attention a puppy needs
3. Does your dog/cat stay inside or out?
Both are indoor cats. I can't handle having our cats hit by cars or someone taking them.
4. Cat owners, what kind of litter do you use?
Fresh Step! Only litter that works for our smelly kitty!
1. Do you like cats or dogs better? Why? Dogs. They are much more in tune with their people and just want to please and love.
2. Do you own a cat or dog, or both? 3 dogs 1 cat
3. Does your dog/cat stay inside or out? All live inside but have a dog/cat door to go outside when they please. The cat has made himself our neighbors porch buddy and hangs out with their kids every morning
4. Cat owners, what kind of litter do you use? Worlds best. Doesnt smell, no chemicals, great stuff.