pathetic dog...

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2010, 05:48 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I dont know why people think pittbulls are so mean and ferocious...they obviously haven't met mine haha...she has literally attached her self to my oldest daughter Raianna...she sleeps with her every night....and when Rai sleeps at a friends house all she does is pace the house and whine lol....and she does the same thing when Rai goes off to school LOL and then she is like my shadow!!! attached to my hip while she is gone haha.....shes such a big baby LOL
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

December 21st, 2010, 01:00 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We had a pit bull for a bit, long story. He was such a sweetie. I have never understood why people are so against them. Be mad at the terrible owners that abuse them and turn them aggressive not the innocent dog. I see them on Petfinder all the time. I think they are great dogs.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

December 21st, 2010, 05:31 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pitties are great dogs, I love them. So loyal and sweet.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

December 30th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Rozz-berry's Avatar Veteran
I tested my pit before I adopted her. She won't snap at a person, even when hurt or surprised from day one. (I adopted her as an adult.) I wanted to MAKE SURE I had a dog that was ok with children. Sometimes I pull her tail or take bones away and she is very tolerant. Loves kids too. I am looking forward to socializing the baby with her.

April 13th, 2011, 08:15 AM
my rott doesn't bite
April 16th, 2011, 12:09 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love pit bulls. I used to have one and than my DH lost him while I was on vacation. Even though I had my pit bull for 6 years and he never even remotely displayed any kind of agression my DH still refuses to let me get another one atleast at this time. They are very strong dogs though so I probably wouldnt get another until my kids are atleast teenagers. They can very easily knock down little kids and unintentionally play too rough. I do strongly believe though that people should be very careful before owning one. I hate that so many of the wrong people own them and this is why I believe they have such a bad reputation, due to irresponsible owners and all the gangster type people who try on purpose to make them look like mean dogs. You also have to really know the dog you are getting. My very first pit bull wich I only had for about 1 month I ended up having to give back because he was very dog agressive. Not a good idea when you live in a city where lots of people are walking their dogs around the neighborhood and streets. I would say about half are dog/animal agressive and the other half not. Now animal agression has no link to agression towards people but one who is not animal agressive is definatly a dog wich will be much easier to manage and less of a liability. You wont know until they are around a year old if they have this trait or not. If the parents are not animal agressive than there is a good chance the puppy will also not be because it is an inherited trait. So if your thinking of getting a puppy ask this about the parents and preferably meet them or get an adult so you know the personality. I can tell you from experience that a dog agressive pit bull can be very dificult and sometimes scary to own. I wish this trait would be bred out of them and than they would be perfect. I love the show Pit Boss and also how many groups are trying to advocate the breed. Its about time. When I had my pit bull my grandma used to make nasty comments about him everytime she saw him. She is one of those people who is convinced they are dangerous dogs. She didnt care how nice my dog was she was convinced he could turn mean any second. The truth is not many pitbulls actually attack, its just that when they do the media makes such a big deal about it and thats why people like my grandma think they attack so often. In reality dogs of other breeds attack just as much but its just doesnt make interesting news so we dont hear about it as often. Anyways, sorry to write so much. Pit Bull has been my favorite breed for over 10 years now and I could talk about them for hours!

Here is a photo of the one I had that got lost.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

July 15th, 2011, 04:07 PM
meggie2685
I love pitbulls. We have a pitbull mix that we got as a puppy and she is honestly one of the sweetest dogs I've ever owned, and I've owned quite a few. She is so good with our nephew, she loves him. We have a lab mix, and he is actually the one that is more aggressive and problematic (still love him though,he just requires more work) so I think that breeds are just like people, some in the breed are good and some may be bad, but I think for the most part dogs are a result of their owners, I've heard pitbulls really like to please their owners, so if you expect your dog to be good, they will, but if you are trying to turn them in to a mean vicious dog, then to please you they will become mean and vicious.
August 10th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Nicole, your pittie looks gorgeous! My hubby would love to get one male pit someday, but I think we'll adopt somewhere between 2-4 months old. Not too young as a pup but not too grown-up so we could be part of his life growing up and make a lot of connection with him. We're still on a lookout for the potential one to be part of our lovely family.
August 15th, 2011, 12:48 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I HATE people who have the pit bull vision. That Pitts are aggressive, it doesn't matter how they are raised mentality. I HATE it.

We have a neighbor with 2 pitts. They are fenced in...prior to our arrival they were let out without a leash no fence. DH talked to the owners let them know we had two toddlers. I was personally amazed they put the fence up. We have a boxer/mix and a cocker/bishon mix in a fence. NEVER would I have a dog not in a fence, for its safely alone. DH is very skeptical of pitts and it unnerves me. Ive gone to the neighbors house unknown... and have reached over the fence to pet the dog (only after the neighbor greeted me reassuring that I wasn't there to harm her) I HATE the rep Pitts get. I hate it... DH thinks pitts are just "aggressive" and while some may be.... not all are. Just as all dogs arnt calm with children. It depends on the dog not the breed. The breed means nothing.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
September 30th, 2011, 05:47 PM
theagent49's Avatar Veteran
They have banned pit bulls in my city. I was so angry. Irresponsible owners have really given pits, dobermans, and rotties (plus other breeds) a bad rep when they can be so gentle and kind, just like any other dog. People fail to realize that you can train a lab to be just as aggressive as a pit but nobody seems to care anymore. They have labelled these dogs as killers. The worst are those that freak out when someone has a pit (or other bad rep breed) and small children. I love judgmental folk

This topic really drives me nuts.

October 6th, 2011, 09:49 PM
No offense, but that sounds racist on the part of the city to ban specific breeds of dogs which were not handled properly. We had a Doberman and she was so loyal, she wouldn’t let anyone touch our daughter when she was a baby.
April 6th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Super Mommy
I love my pit! He was a puppy when my kids were born. They would pull on his ears and play with him and he never showed any signs of aggression. He thinks he is a lap dog. He sleeps on our bed every night and is always right by my side.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
May 4th, 2012, 11:06 AM
People don't like Pit Bulls because they don't understand them. You get a lot of people who sure THINK they do, but once their mouth opens and they get ranting, it's clear they know nothing. Pit Bulls were bred to be DOG aggressive, NOT human aggressive, which are two entirely different things. In fact, it's been bred into them to be extra gentle and loving with humans, because back in the days of dog fighting, men were often down in the fighting pits with them and they needed to make sure the dogs wouldn't turn on them while fighting. Those that did, were killed. As a result of that specific breeding, the Pit Bull's temperament towards people is even more gentle then the Golden Retriever. It's extremely unnatural for them to turn on humans, and if they do, it's due to neglect or abuse.
May 4th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Nicole ~ View Post
I love pit bulls. I used to have one and than my DH lost him while I was on vacation. Even though I had my pit bull for 6 years and he never even remotely displayed any kind of agression my DH still refuses to let me get another one atleast at this time. They are very strong dogs though so I probably wouldnt get another until my kids are atleast teenagers. They can very easily knock down little kids and unintentionally play too rough. I do strongly believe though that people should be very careful before owning one. I hate that so many of the wrong people own them and this is why I believe they have such a bad reputation, due to irresponsible owners and all the gangster type people who try on purpose to make them look like mean dogs. You also have to really know the dog you are getting. My very first pit bull wich I only had for about 1 month I ended up having to give back because he was very dog agressive. Not a good idea when you live in a city where lots of people are walking their dogs around the neighborhood and streets. I would say about half are dog/animal agressive and the other half not. Now animal agression has no link to agression towards people but one who is not animal agressive is definatly a dog wich will be much easier to manage and less of a liability. You wont know until they are around a year old if they have this trait or not. If the parents are not animal agressive than there is a good chance the puppy will also not be because it is an inherited trait. So if your thinking of getting a puppy ask this about the parents and preferably meet them or get an adult so you know the personality. I can tell you from experience that a dog agressive pit bull can be very dificult and sometimes scary to own. I wish this trait would be bred out of them and than they would be perfect. I love the show Pit Boss and also how many groups are trying to advocate the breed. Its about time. When I had my pit bull my grandma used to make nasty comments about him everytime she saw him. She is one of those people who is convinced they are dangerous dogs. She didnt care how nice my dog was she was convinced he could turn mean any second. The truth is not many pitbulls actually attack, its just that when they do the media makes such a big deal about it and thats why people like my grandma think they attack so often. In reality dogs of other breeds attack just as much but its just doesnt make interesting news so we dont hear about it as often. Anyways, sorry to write so much. Pit Bull has been my favorite breed for over 10 years now and I could talk about them for hours!

We have a dog aggressive Pit Bull, or rather a dog-selective Pit Bull, I should say. She loves our other dog, a male Blue Heeler, and has her doggy friends, but she's unpredictable with strange dogs and can be EXTREMELY aggressive with them. However, she is trained in such a way to focus on me when we're out walking on a leash, and there for we're able to pass by other dogs in a controlled fashion. Now what get's me EXTREMELY angry are people who insist on disobeying the leash laws and allowing their dogs to run loose. This angers me because if a strange dog runs up to her, "being friendly" or not, I can't control what she does. If something SHOULD happen in a situation like this, by law we're protected because I was obeying the leash law and the other person wasn't, but being an animal lover I don't want to see dogs get hurt.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search