Saying good bye

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well we have made the very hard decision to spend one last Thanksgiving with our senior girl, Erin, and then say our good byes. We were going to try and wait until after Christmas for our son's sake (who is 9) but Erin isn't doing well and it's just not fair to her or us.

We adopted her from a Boxer rescue 5 years ago this January and she's been a great addition to our family. Unfortunately life hasn't been so kind to her plaguing her with hypothyroidism, a degenerative knee condition that has progressed and caused arthritis that continues to get worse, Valley Fever, and high liver enzymes. She's been a brave girl, but we promised that we wouldn't let things get out of control and let her go with dignity and we think it is that time. A bitter sweet Thanksgiving and our son is a bit upset to say the least but understands it is what is right.

We will say our good byes sometime the week of the 29th depending on my husband's work schedule (probably Monday).

Very sad and hard decision but we know we've made the right one and out of love.
November 28th, 2010, 11:00 AM
SoCal Mommy's Avatar Connor & Hayden's Mom
Oh Meghan, I am so very sorry! I know you are making the best decision for her and your family, but it's still such a difficult thing to have to go through... My thoughts are with all of you, and I will light a candle for Miss Erin. (((Hugs)))

November 28th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Annie. Yeah we were going to try and wait until after Christmas but there's just no way. It's not fair to her she's living her life either in her crate or outside because she's stopped letting us know when she has to go to the bathroom so she just squats and goes and I can't be spending all of my days cleaning the carpet so we waited until after Thanksgiving for our son's sake. He's having a bit of a hard time with it but hopefully will be okay after a few days to a week (or be doing better anyway). She's started pottying in the house and she has these weird episodes where her eyelids are only half open and she vomits and salivates horribly and pants extremely heavily and just paces around it's very strange. A couple of nights we've had to leave her outside due to it (which we NEVER do) but it's getting too cold for that now. So yeah there's just too many things that aren't adding up so I do think it's the right decision given all of her medical issues, age, and now these latest couple of issues.
December 1st, 2010, 11:22 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Ive never had to make the decison to let a loved one go.... my furbabie losses came without much warning... so I can even imagine how you feel.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
December 3rd, 2010, 08:56 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry.. its a very tough decision to make and is never easy. (((hugs)))

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

December 3rd, 2010, 09:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, given the issues she already add coupled with the increasing issues she had been having for a couple of months, coupled with her age, the decision itself wasn't so much hard as it was just sad. Always sad to have to say good bye
December 4th, 2010, 08:49 AM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
You've given her a wonderful, loving home & obviously have her best interests at heart. It's a tough decision, but the right one for Erin & for your family. I'm so sorry for your loss I know how difficult these things are!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search