Our senior girl is gone

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2010, 10:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well we said good bye to our senior girl Erin on Monday around 7:15 PM. IT was a sad day and my son is still having some trouble with it, but things are getting better. It was time and she is happy and pain free and in a better place.
December 2nd, 2010, 12:19 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
OMG Meghan I'm so sorry for you loss. I hope Brandon can cope with this and see how much better off she is now.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
December 2nd, 2010, 01:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks. Yeah she was our third pet in 3 1/2 years we've had to have put down. Our first was our Boxer due to a brain tumor, our second was our cat due to liver failure and now Erin due to multiple issues. When it gets to the point that their quality of life is suffering and your own quality of life is suffering as well due to it it's not a hard decision really...sad yes, but not hard. What WAS horrific was having to justify our decision to this new vet for TWO HOURS. Yeah we're finding a new vet, but anyway, Brandon understands and was sad that night but has been okay yesterday and today thankfully. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. It was definitely the right decision and I don't doubt that.
December 5th, 2010, 09:13 PM
SoCal Mommy's Avatar Connor & Hayden's Mom
You did the kindest thing for her... Godspeed Erin...

December 5th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Mommy View Post
You did the kindest thing for her... Godspeed Erin...
Thanks Annie. My son was okay the first day or 2 but the last couple of days of the week he was a NIGHTMARE acting out so hoping for a better week this week. I don't doubt our decision...just wish that our vet didn't make it clear that she didn't agree with our decision that was a nightmare and a half especially with my son there. But hubby and i absolutely have no doubts we made the right decision. Honestly, the 2 dogs we still have are acting SO much better, I wonder if due to her being in pain or just not being "right" was messing with them or something. Things have been so much calmer here this last week, as horrible as it sounds it's almost been a relief. So hoping things calm down a bit this week and get back on track.
December 6th, 2010, 04:48 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry for your loss..

Boxers are just something else aren't they??

HUGS

Thank you Jaidensmum!

December 6th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I really do love Boxers, foster for a Boxer rescue, have had 3 of my own, but after adopting our GSD I FAR FAR FAR prefer German Shepherds over Boxers now.
December 21st, 2010, 01:46 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
So sorry you had to do that. I hope your son is doing better now with it.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

December 21st, 2010, 01:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post
So sorry you had to do that. I hope your son is doing better now with it.

Thanks! We're all fine now, things have been back to normal for a couple of weeks now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search