New Here:)

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2010, 03:39 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi all.
New to the pets board.. Sadly I didn't know there was one.. LOL

Looking forward to chatting with you all:

here is a link to my babies

EUROwn.. European Boxer | European Boxers.. Breeding for Health, Temperament, and Conformation

Thank you Jaidensmum!

December 6th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I have had 3 Boxers. Lucas was our first, we got him from a rescue in Mississippi when we lived in Louisiana. He was approximately 2 years old when we adopted him and sadly passed away from a brain tumor at approximately 8 years old. Our second was Erin, who we adopted from a rescue in Tucson, AZ once we moved here to Phoenix, Arizona, she was approximately 4-5 years old when we adopted her and she just passed away from multiple medical issues last Monday at 9-10 years old. Our third is Tyson, we adopted him from a reputable local breeder as he is white and cannot be sold, when he was 8 weeks old and he is now 3 1/2 unfortunately he does suffer from severe food allergies and moderate environmental allergies but other than that, so far, he is healthy. We then also have our German Shepherd that we adopted from a local rescue in March who was approximately a year old and who is now approximately 20 months old and is completely healthy as far as we know. We then also have 2 kitties approximately 10 years old both adopted from animal control in Louisiana.

I also have a 9 year old son and then we also foster off and on for a local Boxer rescue.

Hope to see you posting soon and enjoy reading other topics as well.
December 9th, 2010, 10:25 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Welcome!!! Your Boxer girls are just gorgeous!! I love Boxers!! I have a Boxer/Pointer mix... who has the personality and temperment of a Boxer, I think... and DH & I have decided we always want to have a boxer in our home.

Casper our Boxer mix was a Humane society puppy, the last one... we brought him home, then we were called 3 days later and told to bring him back that the rest of his litter had a some sore of disease, I cant remember what they said it was but they were going to put all the puppies down.

Needless to say we didnt take Casper back and one quick trip to the vet showed that he was suffering from Giaurdia (sp??) which wasn't a deathly disease.. to this day I feel so sad for those other puppies. But he was treated, we were treated and our other pets were treated just in case it spread.. and now almost 6 yrs later, our home wouldnt be a home without him.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
December 13th, 2010, 10:33 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww thanks for the welcome and the heart warming stories!!
'Give your furbabies a hug!!

Thank you Jaidensmum!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search