Heated Water Bottle

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2010, 10:06 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
For Rabbits?

Has anyone ever used one... where did you get it? I've found some online, but not at an actual legit store... so Im worried about trying to order one from there...

My rabbits water bottle busted the other night when the water froze. I am currently using a little bowl for water for him, I have to check it twice a day, as it freezes up constantly. Its not even that cold out during the day yet it still freezes.

Any ideas?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
December 8th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You may want to PM Annie (SoCal Mommy) as she breeds and raises rabbits and has been around them forever. If she doesn't know the answer to your particular question she may be able to provide you with a solution. Not sure how often she checks the board here but I'm sure she checks e-mails. She's VERY nice would have no problems with you PM-ing her a question like that for sure.

Good luck!
December 9th, 2010, 09:48 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Thanks Meghan! Ya know I sent Annie a pm in the beginning of the month, not bunny related, but just saying congrats on her pg and checking in on her, I hadnt seen her in awhile... but I never got a reply back... so... hmmmm...

As for Chalkie, we just got this huge wooden box, its actually a momento from world war 2 i think MIL said... carried bullets in it... but anyway it is now Chalkie's new house, he was too big for his other house which didnt have a bottom anyway... I thought this way he'd stay warmer. And he's currently drinking from a plastic bowl, he's doing fine with the bowl, hasnt even nibbled it which was my first thought. I check him twice a day, to make sure his water isnt frozen and he loves the attention. he's such a sweetheart.

I was thinking about bringing him in for the cold winter nights, but I read online not to do that, as if I did he would start shedding his winter coat and the temp change could put him into shock. Do you think Annie would be able to tell me if that's true?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
December 9th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure she would. I don't think she's been online much, but I know she responded to my post about having to put my dog to sleep not too long ago so she may get on every few weeks.

Also you could do a search for a rabbit rescue in your area (or even not in your area, with e-mail any could help you), and send your questions to them as well. Since rabbits is what they do I bet they would know also. If you can't find one in your area let me know and I'll send you the link I have for the one in my area. Just one that deals with cold weather and freezing temps that you're hvaing would probably be of more assistance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search