Question for those with cats.

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Super Mommy
New mommy here, due June 8th. I am nervous about our cats having issues NOT climbing into the crib. Any tips on how to make sure they don't? I thought about setting the crib up early to start teaching them they're not allowed, but I'm not sure.
December 11th, 2010, 08:34 AM
my.estrella's Avatar Ashley
I didn't have this problem, but I've heard if you set it up and put foil or bubble wrap on the mattress so that if they DO jump in they jump right out it may help. Not sure since I've never tried it though.
December 11th, 2010, 07:38 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm planning to just keep the babys bedroom door closed when he/she is in there. Other than that I'm not sure. My 1st too

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

December 12th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cats really don't like babies as a general rule. They're loud, they're grabby, they don't coordinate their motions and cats aren't about having their tails and ears and such grabbed or being rolled over on or having something screaming in their face. So you really don't have to do anything your cat will more than likely stay away by choice. You don't want to make the baby or the baby's room a bad place or you may start to get marking issues and a power struggle. Personally we had 2 cats when my son was born, I always left his door open, and neither of my cats ever bothered him. 9 years later he's a very healthy 9 year old boy.

Don't stress over it.
December 18th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My cat never once jumped in the crib, and in general he stayed far away from my daughter until she was about 3. Now they are best buddies and he begs for her to pet him every day when she gets home from school. There are some cats that will jump into a crib, but I think they get into that habit if the crib is set up way before the baby actually uses it. I've heard of the leaving the aluminum foil in the crib trick (when baby isn't in the crib, obviously), but I'm not sure how well it works.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
December 21st, 2010, 12:44 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I have heard they make a tent thing you can put over the crib that will keep the cat out if you are worried. I have heard that there are cats that like to sleep with the babies because they are warm so I don't blame you for being worried. I wouldn't set it up to early, like the other ladies said the screaming baby may be enough to deter them . Good luck and congratulations.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search