Dog tails...

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2011, 11:46 AM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
When I was younger, I had cocker/dachshund mix and a scottie mix, both had tails. NBD. Now that I am grown, I breed and show Australian Shepherds. You get used to not having tails. Dont have to worry about tails knocking things off tables, no "bam,bam,bam" on the hardwoods when they are happy. All in all, life is quiet with them.

So I had been thinking, that I wanted a "lap dog" so I got a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. What a tail! She smashes that thing on everything, in the morning if I move in bed, I can hear that tail smashing around... I guess I forgot about tails in the last 8 years!

Anyone else forget about tails somewhere along the way?
March 8th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Effyx's Avatar Veteran
I couldn't imagine having a dog with a docked tail. The *thump thump thump* I hear from my dogs always makes me smile. Butt wiggling just isn't the same
March 8th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've always owned Boxers, so no tail (and I disagree, watching them kidney bean and wag their nub is so adorable)...anyway, we adopted a German Shepherd last year and obviously he has a very large tail. He doesn't knock anything over or thump anything with it thankfully, but there were a few times when we first got him that I also smashed it in the sliding glass door just because I'm not used to all of that extra going out the door haha. Luckily never did though!
March 8th, 2011, 09:40 PM
SoCal Mommy's Avatar Connor & Hayden's Mom
Hey Lynnii! Good to see you over here too!

As for me, I own German Shepherds, so I know all too well what you are talking about... Knocking things off the coffee table, whipping the back of your legs while wagging at you, knocking the kids down, etc. Good times! LOL

March 8th, 2011, 10:14 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 3 springers and LOVE the docked tails. I'd be in trouble if the 3 of them had tails lol. My house would be wrecked. Not to mention they'd probably have torn their tails in the woods.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

March 30th, 2011, 06:47 AM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we have a rottie with a docked tail....i do like it though----no worries about the tail wacking the baby but sometimes i do miss seeing the tail wag! it's just his little stump nubbing back & forth.

my brother has a wonderful pit/greyhound mix that has a tail like a whip. i love the dog---just hate the tail when my baby is around.
April 13th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I've got a rott so no tails. My aunt actually had a rott with a tail. Looks cool and unique haha. They look friendly with a tail.
April 20th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our dog has a tail injury from his old owner. There is a knob on the end and that b-atch HURTS!!! He whacks the crap out of you when he gets excited. Luckily our littlest has low muscle tone so the hard impact makes him giggle instead of hurting him..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search