Homemade Treats

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone make homemade treats for their pets?
June 10th, 2011, 06:23 PM
365seasons's Avatar Veteran
I used to! But once I had my kids, just found myself too busy.
I would still try and make them when I had time, in big batches after my first, because my boxer is allergic to EVERYTHING.
But then I found a store nearby that sells homemade cookies for 10c a piece (big cookies).
June 10th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep, I do. My Boxer is allergic to many things, including gluten so I make homemade gluten free dog biscuits. My chicken jerky I buy at Costco, but I make homemade beef jerky for my German Shepherd (my Boxer is allergic to beef so none for him).
June 11th, 2011, 08:15 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have in the past but I hate my kitchen so I rarely bake anymore.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

August 9th, 2011, 11:17 AM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love if anyone had an recipes to share! I would love to make homemade treats for the new puppy!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

August 9th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a few, but I don't have time to post them right now. I know I've posted them previously so you can either do a search on the forum for them, or I will post them when I get a chance sometime this week.
August 15th, 2011, 01:51 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Id love to see some recipes as well!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
August 15th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You guys can do a search on this forum. I've posted them in the past. Unfortunately, with my medical issues and procedure coming up on Thursday (I have to be put under general anesthesia for it in the hospital), plus prep on Wednesday and still working 40 hours a week despite major medical issues, I just don't have the time to find them and post them right now. I'll do it when I get a chance (but it'll probably be a week or two) or you guys can do a search and find ones i've posted in the past.
September 11th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Rozz-berry's Avatar Veteran
My idea of a homemade treat is smearing peanut butter on a rawhide for the dogs. Remind them what they're supposed to be chewing on.

DJ Junior.

September 12th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz-berry View Post
My idea of a homemade treat is smearing peanut butter on a rawhide for the dogs. Remind them what they're supposed to be chewing on.
I'd encourage you to nix the rawhide as they are extremely dangerous for dogs and pose a high risk of intestinal infections as well as obstructions for them (both of which can kill them). Switching to natural bully sticks and/or raw meaty bones would be a safer and healthier way to go.
September 17th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Regular
The only homemade treats we make for our dogs are cupcakes. I get carrot cake mix that has real carrot shreds in it, and bake it in the cupcake pans that are tiny cupcakes. Once they're cool I put fat free cream cheese on top, plus chopped bacon. Huge hit at our house, though we usually only make them for the dogs' birthdays.
Nalani ~ 12 wks, Nohealani ~ 17 wks, Aolani ~ 11 wks
Lulani ~ 25 wks ~ Forever 1 day old
Leilani ~ 27 wks ~ Forever 4 days old

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search