Puppies are Two Weeks Old

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Today our puppies are two weeks old, they were born on my daughter's birthday so it makes it a lot easier to remember when they were born. They all have their eyes open now and are moving around a lot. They're growing so fast!
June 11th, 2011, 11:22 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww cute What kind of puppies?

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

June 11th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well they're just a mix of a lil bit of everything. Their mother is a Husky/German Shephard/Golden Retriever mix and the father is unknown. The puppies were a surprise, I was about to make the appointment to get Lita (the mother) spayed when I figured out that she was already pregnant.

I've already been talking to the vet about how long I will have to wait to get her spayed because as much as I love puppies, this has gotta be a one time thing.
June 11th, 2011, 04:45 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww well good luck. I'm pretty sure once they are weaned you can spay her.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

June 11th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. I'm going to take her and the puppies in when they're old enough to get their first shots to get them all checked out and then I'll schedule an appointment for her to be spayed.
June 21st, 2011, 01:32 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
PLEASE get the puppies spayed/neutered before placing them in homes. You can do it as early as two months. People who get mixed breed puppies are more likely to be less responsible and more likely not to spay or neuter (and I dont mean always/everyone) than someone who pays hundreds of $'s for a purebred. Thats why you see way more mixed breeds in shelters than purebreds. When someone gets a puppy free or very low cost they are much more likely to just dump it at a shelter as soon as its too much work or there is a problem as opposed to someone who spends hundreds or even a thousand or more on a puppy and there has been a bigger investment. Plus it probably wouldnt feel very good to find out your puppies ended up contributing towards the pet over population problem. I would contact your local human society or animal shelter and ask if they can offer you very low cost or even free spay and neuter of these puppies so you dont have to worry about them adding to the overpopulation problem after they leave your care. You can also contact your local animal control who should have a list of low cost/free places. You would be surprised how many people would not end up spaying or neutering their new pet. You allowed these puppies to come into the world and I am happy your going to get the mother spayed but dont forget the puppies or they could potentially add hundreds of more dogs to this world.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

August 1st, 2011, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Any updates with pics?!? <3 me some puppy pics! hehehe

August 8th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Nicole ~ View Post
PLEASE get the puppies spayed/neutered before placing them in homes. You can do it as early as two months. People who get mixed breed puppies are more likely to be less responsible and more likely not to spay or neuter (and I dont mean always/everyone) than someone who pays hundreds of $'s for a purebred. Thats why you see way more mixed breeds in shelters than purebreds. When someone gets a puppy free or very low cost they are much more likely to just dump it at a shelter as soon as its too much work or there is a problem as opposed to someone who spends hundreds or even a thousand or more on a puppy and there has been a bigger investment. Plus it probably wouldnt feel very good to find out your puppies ended up contributing towards the pet over population problem. I would contact your local human society or animal shelter and ask if they can offer you very low cost or even free spay and neuter of these puppies so you dont have to worry about them adding to the overpopulation problem after they leave your care. You can also contact your local animal control who should have a list of low cost/free places. You would be surprised how many people would not end up spaying or neutering their new pet. You allowed these puppies to come into the world and I am happy your going to get the mother spayed but dont forget the puppies or they could potentially add hundreds of more dogs to this world.

I couldn't disagree with this statement more. But then I adopted a rescued Rottweiler that had been previously owned by a member of the 1997 Chicago Bulls. I don't know which one - they couldn't legally tell me. But the guy paid a ton for him & then moved and left the dog behind.

Mix breed dogs aren't only created by other mixed breed dogs. They are also created by 2 purebreds getting together

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
August 10th, 2011, 03:06 AM
I'd love to see the picture of those puppies soon! I'm really a dog person, can't resist them pure-bred or not!
September 2nd, 2011, 01:53 PM
I would love to see some pics! Our dog is getting ready to have babies any day now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search