Neighbor who does not pick up after her dog!

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2011, 02:12 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im in a sticky situation. I live in condos and right next to our condos we have a church wich has beautiful landscaping and the people who live in our condos all take their dogs through the church grounds for walks. Everyone cleans up after their dogs except this one woman who has a 150 pound English mastiff. Anyways its VERY obvious the dog mess is coming from her because of the size of it when everyone else has dogs 40 pounds and less. Its a major problem for me especially because my dog likes to, sorry TMI, eat her dogs poo and than my dog gets sick and often gets the runs. And I cant just keep my dog away from it because its everywhere. A month ago I went out there and picked up 26 piles of this woman's dog's poo. My neighbor and I went and talked to her and she was extremely rude and nasty to us. She ADMITTED that she did not pick up after her dog but than she just went on and on about that we cant prove what is out there is from her dog and that its not our property so we have no right to tell her that she has to pick it up. Obviously this is not a reasonable woman. Finally she agreed that she would start picking it up. Well here we are a couple weeks later and more and more mess is showing up again. I told our manager and condo assosiation manager and they said they can not really enforce anything because its not on condo grounds. I want to go inform the church about who is making this mess all over their grounds and hopefully they will confront the woman but some of the other dog owners who live by me said they are afraid that if I do this that the church will not allow people to walk their dogs there anymore. I don't know what to do. I feel stuck in the middle and lost. Its not fair just to let this woman get away with doing whatever she wants and now I cant walk my dog there anymore because I always have to worry about him getting sick. She is the one in the wrong here and now I have to pay the price for it. There is no point talking to her because she obviously doesnt care. I really hate this woman.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

June 21st, 2011, 02:49 PM
I expect the Church would already have banned dog walkers from their grounds if they had a problem with it. They must have noticed it. Perhaps you could approach them in an apologetic manner and explain that most of you are very embarrassed about this woman letting her dog poo all over their grounds and you hope it won't reflect on all dog walkers.

You could always point out to her that she will make herself very unpopular if you all get banned from the church grounds because of her.

Maybe you could embarrass her into cleaning up if you get your kids to call her Mrs Poopy.
June 21st, 2011, 05:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the above. Also though, if you are just walking your dog there (and not using it as a dog park), I'm not sure why your dog would be eating the other dog's feces? If your dog is on leash, just continue to walk past the feces and don't allow your dog to stop and eat it. The church, if they catch her in the act, may be able to call the police and have her cited for something, but that would depend on your city/county's animal policies. You may also want to call animal control or your local police department and see if there is anything that can be done (although given it is on private property, it's doubtful without the church wanting to press charges of some sort).

I would say that not allowing your dog to eat the feces would be the first step. Second step you guys should probably speak with the church, I'm sure they've noticed it, if they haven't banned the dogs at this point, it's doubtful they would if you are offering to try and fix the problem.

Good luck.
June 25th, 2011, 09:36 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Believe me I have tried to stop my dog from eating them. I have even considered muzzling him. Especially when its dark at night its hard to see were the feces are. You dont know my dog he will eat anything. He even tried to eat a dead squirrel once.

I know the church has noticed it because I have been stopped by a church person when I was walking through there a while back and asked if I was not picking up. The thing is that I have been picking up after this women in order to prevent my dog from eating it wich used to be a daily occurance before I started cleaning it up. So there would be WAY more on the church grounds if I did not pick most of it up. I am just getting so tired of having to clean up after her while she gets away with be disrespectful. This women is already very unpopular were we live as apparently she gets in disputes with lots of neighbors. I guess she is always one to complain but never follow rules herself. No surprise there.

I think I will stop picking up after her and let the dog feces piles up again than go talk to the church about it. I know they would not be happy about it because a lot of the mess is right around were people walk into the church. If I ensure them everyone else is responsible and its just one person than they probably wont ban everyone. Ironically this same woman who trashes their church grounds also parks her second car in their parking lot wich I believe they allow her to but considering they are giving her this privledge Im sure they wont be happy to find out she is the one not cleaning up after her dog.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

July 5th, 2011, 06:24 AM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Ugh how disgusting and rude. Sounds like you should definitely inform the church about the situation. I haven't had a dog since I was a kid so I'm no help, but I just have to ask, DOGS EAT FECES??? Does that include their own?? We were thinking of getting a dog but I'm sick to my stomach reading that! If I saw our dog eating its own feces I would throw up, seriously.

I hope you get things resolved! We moved recently, and at our old house, one or more of our neighbors used to let their dogs poop on our front landscaping, right there in the open on the tanbark my kids like to play in. It got to the point we couldn't let our kids play in the front yard anymore. People sicken me. Thank God we moved.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

Last edited by LisaB; July 5th, 2011 at 06:28 AM.
July 5th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
Ugh how disgusting and rude. Sounds like you should definitely inform the church about the situation. I haven't had a dog since I was a kid so I'm no help, but I just have to ask, DOGS EAT FECES??? Does that include their own?? We were thinking of getting a dog but I'm sick to my stomach reading that! If I saw our dog eating its own feces I would throw up, seriously.

I hope you get things resolved! We moved recently, and at our old house, one or more of our neighbors used to let their dogs poop on our front landscaping, right there in the open on the tanbark my kids like to play in. It got to the point we couldn't let our kids play in the front yard anymore. People sicken me. Thank God we moved.
Yes, they can, however with proper training it can be trained out of them. It's a defensive approach in the wild (mama's eat their baby's feces to protect them from predators, etc). Mine ate his own as well as my other dog's when he was a pup, but we trained it out of him. Took about a month, had to be consistent and on top of it but it wasn't hard.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search