My Cat is FREAKING OUT

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Sarai1983's Avatar Bonus Mom w/ a Baby Bump
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarai1983
I found out that I'm pregnant today.... and suddenly my cat will not leave my side... she's usually very lazy and will lay somewhere near me or go off on her own... but today she keeps jumping on my shoulder and then hanging on.... if I leave her eyesight she starts crying and running around trying to find me... it's so weird.... I'm not sure if it's somehow tied to the pregnancy... like she can sense my nervousness and excitement... or if she's just freaking... I birthed this cat 3 years ago so we're pretty close.... but... she's acting really strange.
July 7th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She is probably picking up on your emotions, but she may also be picking up on different hormones and scents coming from you too. It's pretty common for animals to act differently when a woman in the house becomes pregnant.
July 7th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I figured that's probably what it was.... I love this silly cat, but she's driving me nuts lol.... she's calmed down a little in the last few hours, but she's got the wide eyed I'm freaking out look still.... I'm sure she'll calm down at some point...
July 7th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just try not to change her routine too much and he should calm down as things calm down. But he may be a little "odd" throughout your entire pregnancy as your hormones change and your scent will change along with that.
July 7th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the advice... poor cat... her whole world is about to change... my bonus kids are with their bio mom til the end of the month and then back here for 10... she hates both my sons.... and now to top it all off mom is going to be different... it's a good thing my daughter loves her.... she'll stay really attached to her I'm sure... :-)
July 15th, 2011, 04:23 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
My usually standoffish cat used to cuddle against my tummy to sleep when I was pregnant. Now that the kids are old enough to chase her around she's pretty scarce. Poor kitties, lol! One of my other cats gets his tail pulled on a daily basis but he doesn't seem to mind. Some cats just love attention no matter what.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search