Dog Dry Food Question???

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2011, 05:42 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I had my choice and were able to afford it, I would prefer to feed Wellness.

As it is, we can barely afford to feed ourselves at this point so we had to make sacrifices and can no longer afford to feed premium foods to our pets at the moment. Both our dogs and cats get Simply Right, which is the new Sams Club brand. The ingredients are pretty good, definitely not complete junk.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
October 26th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you have a Costco membership, it's FAR better food than Sam's. Sam's food has a ton of fillers and low quality ingredients (like corn).
October 28th, 2011, 08:52 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't have a Costco around here. I understand what ingredients it has in it, like I said if I had my choice I would feed premium foods and I have in the past, but I'm feeding them the best I can at the moment.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
November 13th, 2011, 03:18 PM
My two dogs get Taste of the Wild.

I believe my dogs eat better than I do, as I had to stop giving them the off cuts of meat when I cook as it upsets their stomachs. It's a terrible shame when the $35 joint of meat I cooked results in me having to take them out into the yard every ten minutes.
December 20th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Arya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feed my dog Blue Buffalo senior large breed food. He is also prone to allergies and I'm going to try to switch his food every couple of months like mentioned here. I like the idea of feeding him some other protein besides chicken, because I think he's allergic to chicken right now
December 29th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dogs get either chicken soup for the dog lovers soul or Diamond naturals. I bought the diamond because it was a 40# bag for a lot cheaper and had similar ingredients, but it's a beef based formula and my beagle is having the stinkiest gas from it.

They love the chicken soup food.

I used to do raw, it was the only thing that kept my other beagles teeth clean and kept her at an ideal weight. But now that my freezer is smaller, I don't have the ability to do raw anymore.
December 29th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Tuatha's Avatar Veteran
We do taste of the wild here. I can alternate the types and they do fine on it all, although not so much lamb, lamb makes them poop alot more than usual. ha.

Another that use to feed raw here too. I eventually would like to start back up again.

January 30th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Veteran
Sorry it took me so long to get back... Thanks for all the infornation. I have three very picky Boston Terriers (plus gassy ). One is actually pregnant & is due February 14... As we speak I've been feeding them Canidae, they're OKAY with it.
- Conrad Hilton

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

February 3rd, 2012, 04:36 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsailor288 View Post
I rotate around. Canidae, Fromm, Natures Variety, Orijen and Wellness are the faves
Pretty much the same here. I use whatever happens to be on sale at our "boutique" since pretty much all the food is excellent. Orijen, Canidae, Wellness, Taste of the Wild (I admit, I sometimes buy these just because I love the pictures on the bags! ), etc. The only one they have that I avoid is Evo, because my older dog balloons when he is on it, unless I cut his food to very, very little.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search