Dog clothes is necessary or not?

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2014, 02:11 PM
wiccan mommy's Avatar Regular
In the winter time if you have a hairless or shorthaired dog I think its a good idea to put something on them when out for a walk. Animals can get frost bit just like we can. So I think in the winter time definstely but otherwise no.
May 8th, 2014, 02:23 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My chihuahua has hoodies for when it gets colder. He's such a skinny little thing. My chiweenie has a sweater but he's not fond of it so he never wears it, no matter what. He's got more meat on him though so he doesn't get cold as fast. They're spoiled inside dogs anyways, though.
July 1st, 2014, 05:32 AM
Regular
I agree that clothing makes little sense unless you have a hairless dog and it's -15 C or colder / windy outside. That being said, my golden retriever loved to wear a warm jacket when he was quite old and wasn't that active outside
July 20th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Well, it totally depends on habitat of dog. If it extreme winter conditions, then certainly dog clothes from Cross Peak Products - Outdoor Dog Gear & Dog Supplies for Active Lifestyles helps to protect them and provides a cover from cool breezes. I live in North of Toronto. I think everyone is aware of frozen weather of Canada. I have noticed that many people take care of their pets from cold air from warm clothes. I just love to see my Jasper wearing clothes; he looks more cute and adorable.

Last edited by KristyHouck; July 20th, 2014 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Spelling
October 1st, 2014, 02:42 AM
Themain benefits of a dog clothes are these:
§Clothesmake them neat and clean.
§Clothesmake them organize
§Clothesmake them secure and comfortable from weather conditions.
§Clothespresent the cute and beautiful.

It is very important for the dog to becomfortable, relaxed and happy when wearing a piece of clothing to him. If youlive in a place where the temperatures can be extremely cold, clothing your dogis a great way to help them keep warm. Make sure the piece of clothing fitswell and that the texture does not make your dog feel scratchy or irritated.Check some good dog cloths collection here http://www.crosspeakproducts.com.
October 16th, 2014, 12:43 AM
My dogs have thick furs so there's really no need for me to dress them up. Other owners dress their pets to make them look more adorable. However, for dogs with thin furs and living in colder areas, they do need clothes for extra warmth, especially in the winter.
October 20th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Im against dog clothes , because dog is dog and must be natural ...
December 5th, 2014, 07:05 AM
I don't like clothes on dogs or cats and my toy poodle can't fit the clothes I brought
December 22nd, 2014, 02:10 AM
I think it's not necessary. We should offer them the most natural living environment without forcing them to adjust humans' life.
March 19th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Hi, I don't think , It is necessary. It will only be for functional wear. Our dog is a ****z Tzu , that's why I find him cute with clothes and accessories. It would also depends on the owner.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search