Log In Sign Up

Does Princess KNOW?


Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
July 26th, 2006, 12:33 AM
MommieinNC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,119
Okay ladies... The question is... does Princess know something I don't??

For the past 12 hours she's been up my arse... quite literally... She doesn't go out of arms reach... She's insistant on being a lap dog (quite literally) and keeps jumping up in my lap just to cuddle. If I go to the bathroom, she goes... When I was taking a bath earlier, she laid next to the tub and kept me in her line of sight at all times... Outside, she goes and potties, and comes straight back to me... Watching tv alone? Nope... she's right there, curled up against my back or with her head resting on my tummy...

With my induction in 21 days... and me currently at 4cm & 80%... the question is... could she know something is about to take place, and it's her way of comforting or letting me know??

I go to the doc at 9am EST for my 36th week checkup... so I guess we will see!!!
__________________
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">Kit and Cari out to dinner (10/7/06)!
</div>
Reply With Quote
  #2  
July 26th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Iris's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,090
I wouldn't be surprised if she did know something. Let us know what happens at your appt!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
July 26th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: *queen city* of North Carolina
Posts: 9,497
My dogs got like that before I was induced.
__________________
Proud Mommy To My Princess (5)
Watching over us -- August 2005, March 2010, October 2010, July 2011
Reply With Quote
  #4  
July 26th, 2006, 06:29 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Lonestar State
Posts: 50,214
Yeah, it's possible! Your body lets off a chemical before labor (I have no idea what I'm talking about... just something I saw on that "In the Womb" show on the National Geographic channel). She might be smelling that and know you're getting close.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
July 26th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 12,739
Send a message via AIM to Nina
Oh yeah!! They know! My dogs wouldn't leave my side the day before I went into labor. And when I was in labor, they followed me every where I went. My chi would whine if I didn't let him in the bathroom with me. It was so cute. So yes, I think she knows.

xxx
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #6  
July 26th, 2006, 09:47 AM
mrobinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Okay ladies... The question is... does Princess know something I don't??

For the past 12 hours she's been up my arse... quite literally... She doesn't go out of arms reach... She's insistant on being a lap dog (quite literally) and keeps jumping up in my lap just to cuddle. If I go to the bathroom, she goes... When I was taking a bath earlier, she laid next to the tub and kept me in her line of sight at all times... Outside, she goes and potties, and comes straight back to me... Watching tv alone? Nope... she's right there, curled up against my back or with her head resting on my tummy...

With my induction in 21 days... and me currently at 4cm & 80%... the question is... could she know something is about to take place, and it's her way of comforting or letting me know??

I go to the doc at 9am EST for my 36th week checkup... so I guess we will see!!![/b]

Hon! I can't wait to hear about your next post.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
July 26th, 2006, 11:24 AM
babydollz_676's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2006
Location: cowpens s.c.
Posts: 3,320
Send a message via Yahoo to babydollz_676
yes she knows,she feels she needs to stay close in case you need her.they think they can do something to help.i don't think she knows exactly whats going on but she certainly does know somethings up with you.they can sense your body's chemistry.i had a sheltie who did that before i had my first d/d .she had just had puppies and still needed to be near me ,so she would take her puppies one by one and put them on the sofa next to me and then she would stay there with them and me .it was too sweet lol
__________________
dd~15
dd~12
ds~9
dd~1
Reply With Quote
  #8  
July 27th, 2006, 03:51 PM
mrobinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
Hey ladies!
Check this out:
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...owtopic=288637
Reply With Quote
  #9  
July 27th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Trinidad
Posts: 20,622
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
Quote:
Yeah, it's possible! Your body lets off a chemical before labor (I have no idea what I'm talking about... just something I saw on that "In the Womb" show on the National Geographic channel). She might be smelling that and know you're getting close.[/b]
lol I laughed with this reply of not knowing what you're talking about lolol

I wouldn't be surprised if Princess knows hon ... let us know what happens at your next appointment!

xxx Lisa xxx
__________________
xxx Lisa xxx<div align="center">

</div>
Reply With Quote
  #10  
July 27th, 2006, 08:23 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Lonestar State
Posts: 50,214
Quote:
Hey ladies!
Check this out:
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...owtopic=288637[/b]
Can't wait to hear the news!

Quote:
I laughed with this reply of not knowing what you're talking about[/b]
Hey... it's been over a year since I watched it.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
July 28th, 2006, 07:56 PM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Galveston, TX
Posts: 1,731
I guess she did
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #12  
July 28th, 2006, 08:24 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Lonestar State
Posts: 50,214
woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
July 31st, 2006, 08:16 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 66,539
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
My cats have been "guarding" me for about a week. If Chris isn't in, they make sure there's always one of them in trailing round after me or sitting with me. They take it in turns...it's kind of funny...and very clever.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #14  
July 31st, 2006, 09:02 AM
mrobinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanks greenjeans for the updated!

(((Easy labour vibes to you Sharron!)))
Reply With Quote
  #15  
July 31st, 2006, 09:52 AM
Iris's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,090
Wow! Thanks for keeping us posted!

And more ELV for Sharron! I love that the kitties are taking turns. So smart!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:42 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0