Stray Kittens

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2013, 09:21 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
My youngest son found 6 kittens under a box in my backyard. The mother does come and go. The kittens are on the hard ground under a cardboard box and rain is supposed to becoming next week. I would like to see the mother mover her babies to a small kiddie pool I have for more protection from elements. Will putting towels and blankets in the small pool make it more inviting? This is a stray cat with 6 babies.

Leslie

April 7th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Probably not, but it probably won't hurt. Mom will take care of her kittens, animals have survival instincts. I'd just let them be. Or, if they are old enough to be taken from mom, take them in and adopt them out.
April 7th, 2013, 03:57 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!

April 7th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Unless you're going to continue to feed mom forever, I don't recommend putting out food. If she's wild, it will lessen her hunting ability. She will learn to depend on food being there. Personally, my recommendation would be to just let them be, and if you can trap her once the babies are around 5 weeks old, and go and get mom spayed, that'd be great. Places like the ASPCA, Human Society, etc will sometimes do spay/neuter of feral cats for free, as long as you trap them and bring them in. If you can get the babies when they're 7-8 weeks old, and adopt them out to homes that will also spay/neuter them when they're big enough, that would be ideal as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search