Cats or Dogs?

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2007, 02:21 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Which do you prefer and why?

What are your favorite breeds?

I have both, but I prefer cats. I just love cats.. im not even sure why! lol

As for breeds of cats.. Ive always wanted a white persian with blue eyes. I ended up falling for Tevye, a long haired black domestic with green eyes!

Dog breeds, I love Spaniels! They are soo cute and playful!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
November 28th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I used to be a HUGE cat lover, but I think that's just because I grew up with cats and not with dogs. Lucas, Erin, and now Tyson have turned me into a HUGE dog lover. I have already told hubby that once the two cats we have pass away no more cats and that will be the first time since I was 5 year old that I will be living without a cat.

My fav dog breed is obviously what I own and rescue which are boxers. I really enjoy Great Danes and Mastiffs as well though.
November 29th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Well, we have both, and I use to raise and show purebred cats... But I've come to the conclusion that I am much more of a dog person than a cat person! My husband and I agreed after our cats pass on, no more cats. Just dogs.

I'm a huge fan of the herding and working breeds. German Shepherds have my heart, first and foremost.
I also adore Australian Shepherds, Belgian Tervuren's, Bernese Mountain dogs, Swissies, Newfies, Neo Mastiffs, Shelties...

The list could go on, and on, and on...
November 29th, 2007, 11:19 AM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
I have had both and love both but I would consider myself more of a dog person. We have a dog right now and are actually looking into getting a cat. I love terriers especially miniature schnauzers which both Guy and I had growing up. We tend to rescue so we tend to be drawn to mixes although recently we have been talking of looking into breed specific rescues geared towards schnauzers and bull terriers.

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

November 30th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have always been a dog person. I don't think I could ever own a cat. I love border collies and pugs!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
December 2nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Emily_In_KSA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm definitely a dog person, but being that I'm also an "animal person" in general...I love everything.

We currently have two cats. I don't feel the bond with cats that I feel with dogs, but I still love and enjoy my cats dearly.

My favorite breed is Boxer...hands down.

For cats, I honestly don't have a favorite breed. My most interesting cats have always been typical "mutts" that you find in the pound, including my "American Long Haired" (aka street cat) that we bought here in Saudi Arabia for waaaaaaaaaaaay too much money just to save her from the pet shop. We also have a Siamese and he is really, really MEAN - I have no idea why. He can snap for no reason and you can never predict his behavior, one minute he is very loving and sweet and the next minute he has slashed your face open...All the people I meet who have owned Siamese say this was the case with theirs too, although before we adopted him I was assured by Siamese enthusiasts online that there was no more friendly breed. Lol..oh well, we love him in-spite of himself.

Thank you Colleen for the beautiful siggy.

December 6th, 2007, 03:30 PM
mrsdismang

I have both and have had both since before I can remember. I don't think I can really pick.

My favorite breed of dog is of course chihuahua. There's something so clannish about them that is just hilarious and their loyalty is amazing. Not to mention how CUTE!

My favorite breed of cat is I don't know. I haven't met a lot of pure breeds so I guess I'd have to say any of the domestics.
December 6th, 2007, 09:21 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
You can probably guess my answer from my signature....

I almost adopted a dog the other day though. A Husky. But, my 15-yr-old cat would never forgive me, and in his old age he's earned the right to a little peace and quiet. I've always been an animal person and always had a dog growing up. But when I moved out and went to school, a dog became too much responsibility - they need to be walked all the time, bathed etc. Cats are easier because they "walk" themselves & are self-cleaning! I just love my little furballs, they are so funny.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search