Pets & Weather

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2007, 05:19 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Over the weekend, we had a storm blow in, and it started raining Friday, and didn't stop until Saturday morning...
It was never ending, so it seemed! We were forecasted snow, but it just didn't get cold enough.

I had let Emmett outside to go to the bathroom at one point, and I look out, and he has laid down in the mud with a bone, and is chewing away, the rain pouring down on him! I had to laugh, I couldn't believe he was laying in it!

What do your pets do during rain/snow/sleet?
December 3rd, 2007, 06:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We very rarely get rain here and we don't get sleet or snow, I can count on one hand the number of times it's rained here since I've been here the past 2 1/2 years, but like you this past Friday and SAturday or rained almost non stop. Anyway, neither of mine like water at all in any way, shape or form this includes rain so they go out FAST do their business, try to stay as close to the awning as possible and then come right back in. Yeah kind of stunk 'cause no outside playtime for puppy those days!
December 3rd, 2007, 09:24 AM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
Cooper hates water. He doesn't even like to step on the grass when it is wet.

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

December 3rd, 2007, 06:34 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I let Reggie out the other day when it was raining and the first thing he did was roll around in the mud/grass. That stinker.. lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
December 4th, 2007, 10:45 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Sadie got to see her first snow/ice storm over the weekend, and that little goofball...LOVED it !!! LOL
We are expecting 6 inches of snow tonight, so she should be in her glory tomorrow morning!

December 4th, 2007, 01:55 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
We live in California, so the only weather we really see is rain. I think I'd prefer snow, because when it rains I find little muddy kitty prints all over the house! (We have a cat door) Even if I put down throw rugs. Also, they jump up on the bed and get muddy prints all over the covers. The joys of cat ownership! I can't ever get mad, though, love the little guys.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

December 4th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Neato HATES rain.. So he refuses to go outside... when i trick him into going he will end up going to the bathroom in our car port because he doesnt want to get wet!

Thanks to tasha_mae for making my siggy!
December 5th, 2007, 01:15 PM
SandyJ's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

My labrador Beastie is an odd duck. Despite his breeds' supposed love for water he hates getting a bath and hates swimming. He LOVES rain, however. He runs and plays in it, licks rain off the driveway, rolls in puddles, and is very reluctant to come in when its raining. He's 8 months old and hasn't seen snow or sleet yet. I can't wait!

Our chihuahua Tashi HATES all water. I'm surprised she'll even drink it! When there is even dew on the grass in the morning it is too much for her dainty, delicate paws. She has a pee spot right beside our back porch where we have lain down some decorative gravel against the house. It is still covered by the porch roof overhang. So she can pee there and not sully herself with wet grass, rain, or dew. Surprisingly, she is easier to bathe than the Lab.

December 8th, 2007, 12:14 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Bear's a weirdo lol Hes a german shep/australian shep mix and he LOVES the water but he HATES bad weather. He gets shaky and acts really funny. When its raining, he'll go out to do his business but he wont go out on a leash and he wont go for long. He loves snow though!

Sheeba's just a goof! Shes so light natured, she doesnt have a care in the world. I dont even think she notices if its raining, snowing or whatever lol.

Scruffy, our terri-poo that died in October, hated to touch the wet grass too. He didnt mind getting wet, but he'd really do anything not to. Same w/ snow, he just wasnt built for it, he got cold too easily.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search