Ive lost another....

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I lost my Grandfather in June. 2 months later, my Cocker Spaniel Smokie died of Heat Faulure... and yesterday.. just 2 months after Smokie.. my dear baby cat, Tevye passed away at 9 years old.

I can not handle this. I have been in tears since yesterday. Everything reminds me of Tevye. I was prepared for Granddaddys passing, I knew it was coming. Smokie was a shock. I didnt think I could get passed losing Smokie, and took me months.. and now I have to do it again. I felt in my heart that Tevye would go soon, I just knew something was wrong. He had been hiding away alot.. and every few hours I would go find him.

Sunday at 6am, I saw him in my closet, and he was sleeping. I talked to him and left the door open so he could get out if needed. I never saw him come out. I checked when I woke up later that day... and he didnt move when I called. I had been expecting to reach for him one day and find that he had passed. I knew it was coming. I reached the back of the closet and he lay there, peaceful, I touched him and I knew he had passed. I began to scream for DH and he came running not knowing what was wrong.

I picked him up and sat in the floor rocking him back and forth, just bawling. His fur was soft and smelled sweet, from his bath just days before. I couldnt believe he was gone. I didnt wanna believe it.

I had some lasagna for dinner last night, Tevye's favorite. I left the container on the table for him to pick at the remains..... DH thought I was losing my mind.

Im still dealing with this.. its going to be so hard. Im already having financial problems and believe there will be no Christmas this year. Stone's first Christmas and I dont even want to deal with it. My spirits keep getting knocked down, day by day.

Today I was delivering my papers, as I do every day. I was crying and thinking about Tevye. I asked God outloud, "Why have you done this to me? What next?" As the words left my mouth, I turned a corner, and my tire blew out.

I stopped in the road and cried. A nice man, helped me put my spare on and away I went to get yet another new tire. More money I dont have. I will never ask again what next.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
December 3rd, 2007, 04:22 PM
Emily_In_KSA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am soooooooooo sorry for your loss. Just last night I was sitting here smiling ear to ear while looking at the adorable pictures of Tevye's bath adventure. He was a beautiful, beautiful cat.

I know it will not help you now, but maybe one day you will be able to take solace in the fact that he passed away so peacefully. Having to put a suffering animal to sleep is quite possibly one of the most horrible decisions a person can ever have to make...your little guy was so blessed to have such a tranquil passing.

I know it feels like things are just too much sometimes...but my mother always raised me never, ever to say "why me". She always says "every time you want to say 'why me?' say 'why not me?' instead"...

You have a BEAUTIFUL son and so much going for you. Just try to hang in there, this too shall pass.

Lots of love and hugs coming your way...

~Emily

Thank you Colleen for the beautiful siggy.

December 3rd, 2007, 06:31 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry hun. *Hugs*

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
December 4th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Oh Lesha, I am so incredibly sorry to hear about Tevye's passing... I know it probably doesn't feel so at this point, with the loss of him so fresh, but in time, your pain and tears will lessen... and you will begin smiling at his memory.

Sending huge hugs your way! Hang in there sweetheart.
December 4th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am SO sorry. We lost our cat and our dog within 2 months of each other so I understand how you feel. As Hart N Sole said, time will help and the good memories will replace the lost feeling and you will start to remember the good and funn times and laugh. Have you thought about cremating him and maybe spreading his ashes somewhere nice and peaceful to be able to say your good byes? You could also get a SMALL plackard and put it somewhere in memory of him.

And don't worry about your son, he is still little and will be happy with seeing some lights and a few stocking stuffers. My son's 1st, even 2nd x-mas, he wasn't old enough to understand and really had no idea what was going on anyway so don't beat yourself up in that area. Maybe you guys could go out and look at lights on the houses one evening to lift your spirits and I'm sure your son would love it.

Hang in there, things DO get better I promise.
December 4th, 2007, 09:28 AM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It's hard to lose such a beloved member of your family. You are in my thoughts.

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

December 4th, 2007, 10:40 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Lesha,

I am so sorry sweetie!! please know that we are all here for you....I know at times things seems like they will NEVER get better, but they do....sometimes just not as fast as we would like. I will be keeping you & your family in my thoughts.

December 4th, 2007, 01:49 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Sweetie, I'm so sorry! My kitty Sam recently passed away also and it was so very hard, she was 13 years old and my good friend. I feel awful you've had to experience so many losses like this. All in a row is so difficult because it can compound your grief and seem overwhelming. Some of us form a connection with our pets and they feel just like any other member of our family. I'm sure that Tevye is playing with your grandfather and with Smokie on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge and is having a wonderful afterlife.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

December 4th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
awww I am sorry

Thanks to tasha_mae for making my siggy!
December 5th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
I am so sorry.

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
December 5th, 2007, 09:45 PM
mrsdismang
I'm so sorry. I've had the unfortunate experience of losing several pets, one of which I decided to have laid to rest a year ago (a very sick kitten who refused to get better). I am not looking forward to the day my little girl Yoda (in my siggy) leaves us. I know I will be heart broken for a very long time. I hope you find peace soon.
December 10th, 2007, 04:28 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Thank you ladies for all of your support!

Ive been MIA for a bit, busy with dr apts, christmas shopping , BFF's been in the hospital (BFF was due Nov 30 and they attempted to induce her last thursday.... 12 hrs... and nothing happened. she's going back to the dr wed and we will know when to expect the baby, its the first girl in our circle of friends, so we are very excited!)

Had to put up stockings the other day... sad to see Tevye and Smokie's stockings... I hung them anyway!

I also have a black cat and a black and white cocker ornament hung that ive had since ive had my babies.

This Christmas is gonna be hard its our first since Granddaddy passed. It's also Stone's 1st Christmas, and my Grandmother loves him to death, Im hoping he will help her cope as well as can be.

Thanks again you guys!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search