Indoor, or outdoor?

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Cat owners... are your cats indoor only, outdoor only, or both?
December 18th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Indoor only. For one we have Coyotes out here a lot and many cats "disappear" (ie get eaten) by them. But it mainly started when we were in the military it was post law that all cats had to be indoor cats. If they were found outdoors you got one chance, if they found them once they were returned if they found them again they took the cat permanently so they were indoors there and after 4 years f being 100% indoors we kept them that way. It's also healthier for them IMO.
December 18th, 2007, 04:53 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Indoor. Bob thinks hes an outdoor cat though. he runs for the door all the time.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
December 19th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Our cats are indoor only.
December 19th, 2007, 09:08 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Max is generally an indoor cat, he does like to go out and sit on the back deck occasionally in the spring and summer though..during the day only..we are on about 80 acres of ground,we dont let him out much though, as we have coyotes out in the fields.

December 19th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
My cat is indoor only..

December 19th, 2007, 08:00 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Mitzy and Callie were outdoor cats for most of their life. We lived in a nice area that was cat friendly, didn't have a lot of busy roads or any type of wild animals. But since I live on the 5th floor and Mitzy's living w/ me.. he's an indoor cat only. It was really hard on him at first but he's adjusted now.. I don't think that he would've survived this winter had he still been outdoors.. its way too cold for him at his age.

Callie lives w/ my grandparents (I still consider her mine) and she's an occasional outdoor cat. She lays on the porch to watch the birds, but she doesn't venture far.
December 23rd, 2007, 10:05 AM
mrsdismang
Indoor only. I hate when people let their cats outside and then they put up fliers saying their cat is missing. Well, I wonder why!!!!! And it's even worse when they have them declawed. But that's another story....
December 27th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Leia and Pumpkin are indoor only. Every once in awhile they will peek out the door if we have it propped open trying to get groceries inside but they have shown no interest in actually stepping outside. In fact they shake their paws off and go give themselves a bath if they stick so much as a whisker outdoors. They were a little more interested when we had a stray out there we were feeding. He stayed for about 9 months and was outdoor only just because he stayed wild no matter how much we tried to coax him to be more tame. Then one day he was just gone which makes me sad.
December 28th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Nat&Ry
Our cats are outdoor only, dh's parents own the house and his mom is allergic to cats.

January 3rd, 2008, 08:22 AM
I'm 37 years old and have cats all my life. All have been indoors. I've always been against letting cats outside, for fear they'd get hurt, run over, taken, etc.

However, our current one was rescued from a shelter. We kept her indoors for a year, and she was miserable, kept running for the door. She got out one day, and I noticed she stayed in our tiny yard. She came back in of her own accord, and was playful and obviously MUCH happier. I called the shelter and found that she had been an outdoor cat with her previous owner (they dumped her because they were moving...grr). We've been letting her out ever since. Most of the time she only goes out for an hour or so, and she stays right near the house. The neighbors all know her, and I've asked to make sure it's okay if ever she wanders into their yards. No one minds, she doesn't dig up flowers or anything.

If she ever gets hurt or disappears, I'll feel that she had a better life happy, out where she obviously felt she belonged. We could force her to stay indoors, as we did that first year -- but she is so much happier now, playful and affectionate. She's the only cat I've felt SHOULD be outside at times. She was a really miserable, biting grump that first year. Now, she purrs, sits on our laps, is affectionate, etc.
January 3rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Teresa_S's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Teresa_S
ick outdoors ONLY. Can't do cat pee at all. So they stay at the barn and hunt mice.

</div><div align="center">Come visit us at:</div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search