If you could only have one breed of dog...

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Hart_N_Sole
...for the rest of your days, what breed would you choose?

I'd choose German Shepherds, hands down!
December 18th, 2007, 03:36 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
oooh hard choice. I love the personality and loyalty of a Boxer, but i love the fluffiness and the size of a cocker.

Id say.. a Boxer Spaniel. lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
December 18th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Boxers no question about it.

BTW, there is now a new "hybrid" dog called a Boxador which is a cross between a boxer and a lab. Had the head of a lab and the body of a boxer docked tail included looks weird to me. I don't know about these "hybrid" dogs, when I was a kid they were just called muts not "hybrid" or "specialty" go figure LoL.
December 18th, 2007, 06:57 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Quote:
Boxers no question about it.

BTW, there is now a new "hybrid" dog called a Boxador which is a cross between a boxer and a lab. Had the head of a lab and the body of a boxer docked tail included looks weird to me. I don't know about these "hybrid" dogs, when I was a kid they were just called muts not "hybrid" or "specialty" go figure LoL.[/b]

LOL!!! Its weird.. Fluff is a Bichon Frise/Cocker Spaniel and is labeled a Designer Dog. Casper is a boxer/pointer and hes a mutt! Whats up with that???

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
December 19th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Probably a border collie.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
December 20th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Quote:
BTW, there is now a new "hybrid" dog called a Boxador which is a cross between a boxer and a lab.[/b]
Oh Lord. Why do they keep taking perfectly good breeds and ruining them by inter-breeding?
December 20th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
BTW, there is now a new "hybrid" dog called a Boxador which is a cross between a boxer and a lab.[/b]
Oh Lord. Why do they keep taking perfectly good breeds and ruining them by inter-breeding?
[/b]
LoL funny thing is, we had a boxer lab mix, body of a boxer head of a lab and it was the STUPIDEST dog I have ever had personal or rescue!! He was awful. Hyper as all get out, nipped because he was SO hyper, would stay outside for an hour, come inside for 3 minutes and was going to the bathroom in the house and this went on for months despite constant potty training it was awful. Told my husband hey we had a "specialty dog" we just thought we had a mut LoL little did we know a few years down the road he'd be worth $800+ hahahahaha!
December 21st, 2007, 09:59 AM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
Does mutt count?

If not, then Miniature Schnauzers.

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

December 21st, 2007, 07:46 PM
Teresa_S's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Teresa_S
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]

lol Cause they can get an extra dime for them! It all boils down to money, that's why they deemed them desginer breeds. It's funny cause used to a mutt cost maybe $25 now they are upwards of $800!

For my breed it'll always be the JRT aka PRT aka RT (yet another breed that has tried to branc out into a million differnt ones but they are ALL the same breed just a different body type)

</div><div align="center">Come visit us at:</div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div>
December 22nd, 2007, 08:36 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Quote:
lol Cause they can get an extra dime for them! It all boils down to money, that's why they deemed them desginer breeds. It's funny cause used to a mutt cost maybe $25 now they are upwards of $800![/b]
It's amazing, really... You could go to the pound and get yourself a "designer" breed for much cheaper, and save a life! But hey, if people want to toss away big bucks on a mix, that's their deal.

My husband had always wanted a Bull Terrier, but they are so pricey! Prices of $1500 and up...
Imagine his SHOCK when he found Tilly in the shelter and adopted her for $20.
December 22nd, 2007, 10:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
lol Cause they can get an extra dime for them! It all boils down to money, that's why they deemed them desginer breeds. It's funny cause used to a mutt cost maybe $25 now they are upwards of $800![/b]
It's amazing, really... You could go to the pound and get yourself a "designer" breed for much cheaper, and save a life! But hey, if people want to toss away big bucks on a mix, that's their deal.

My husband had always wanted a Bull Terrier, but they are so pricey! Prices of $1500 and up...
Imagine his SHOCK when he found Tilly in the shelter and adopted her for $20.
[/b]
Yeah when I was at the vet's office yesterday a guy was picking up his "wife's dog" that was a puppy and she was a puggle (pug+beagle). OMG she was SO freaking adorable but he said his wife paid $950 for her!!!! I about fell on the floor. And he was going nuts over Erin saying he wanted a bigger dog and loves boxers, asked me how much she had been or how much I would sell her puppies for (it's very obvious she's been bred, it just wasn't by me LoL). I explained she was a rescue, I paid $200 to the rescue for her and that included her shots, her microchip, and her spay and that I did not sell puppies because I do not breed. He about fell on the floor LoL. Said they paid $950 for this tiny thing plus they had to do all of the puppy shots, microchip themselves, and the spay themselves. He was guessing when all was said and done it was around $1400 for this "mutt". I had to control myself from laughing!
December 24th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Vegreenmom's Avatar Veteran
I would choose a pit bull, no matter how much some people would be against that. I've had lots of dogs and the pit my husband rescued before we met that is now 5 years old is the most well behaved dog i've ever been around. I love her

</div>
December 24th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Labrador all the way.. Preferably the Field Labrador..

December 24th, 2007, 09:44 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
oh crap that's tough. Boxerpugmastifrottweilerdobermangreatdane? hows that for a designer dog. LOL

January 1st, 2008, 07:06 PM
The Pit Bull.

The American Pit Bull Terrier.

The American Staffordshire Terrier.

All the same. My heart breed. Loyal. Playful. Loving. Energetic. Tenacious.

A very misunderstood breed.

Even though owning these takes ALOT more responsibility than owning other breeds (by constant supervision, crating when unable to moniter, no doggy parks...ect.) it is SO worth it.

Im a happy mommy to three Pit Bulls(all rescued and fixed), one foster Pit Bull puppy, and one Maltese. (oh and a baby on the way!)

-Kelli D

January 2nd, 2008, 06:31 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Boxer. Hands down. We own two of them.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Baby To Be Due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search