Labradoodle's

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2007, 12:19 PM
Hart_N_Sole
While we were out last night, my husband and I came upon a man and his daughter trying to sell the last few of their puppies out in front of the Sportsman's Wearhouse, which is a block away. We pulled over and got out to look at the puppies, which looked like Lab's from afar...

They were Labradoodles! The sire was a black Standard Poodle, the mother a yellow Labrador.
They had one yellow, and four blacks.

Now, I know that Labradoodle's (and all the other "doodles") are really just mixes, but I must say...
Those puppies were CUTE AS BUTTONS!

There was one black male in particular I had to rip myself away from. So soft, so warm, so sweet...

December 21st, 2007, 02:13 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
they are cuties aren't they ?!

December 21st, 2007, 04:53 PM
Hart_N_Sole
Quote:
they are cuties aren't they ?! [/b]
Goodness, YES! That little black male who climbed into my lap... Oh, I wanted to take him home...
December 21st, 2007, 05:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just got back from taking Erin in for her yearly physical and I saw a "puggle" there OMG it is SO cute!! It's a pug mixed with a beagle, cutest darn thing I have seen in awhile goodness. But the guy said he paid $900 for her (she was a puppy, tiny little thing)...I can't believe the prices these "hybrids" (uh ie mutts LoL) go for!
December 22nd, 2007, 08:24 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Quote:
I just got back from taking Erin in for her yearly physical and I saw a "puggle" there OMG it is SO cute!! It's a pug mixed with a beagle, cutest darn thing I have seen in awhile goodness. But the guy said he paid $900 for her (she was a puppy, tiny little thing)...I can't believe the prices these "hybrids" (uh ie mutts LoL) go for![/b]
LOL... Yeah, they do charge a LOT for these mixes... The Labradoodle's were selling for $250, which is actually very decent, compared to the $1000 they usually sell for...

My husband's old coworker has a Puggle. It's hilarious to see this huge guy driving around with this little tiny "designer" dog on his lap!
December 23rd, 2007, 09:39 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I do agree that the prices are outrageous.....lol....especially since people have been finding these "breeds" in shelters forever, and I am sure at one time in our life we owned a "designer dog".....and didnt even know it

Mick wants to breed Sadie with his parents Golden, for Goldendoodles.....uh....no.....LOL

December 24th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
$250 is a lot for a MIXED dog.. When they can find a good dog at the shelter for less.. IMHO..

I think labradoodles are cute, but I would never buy one.. Many people get rid of them because they say labradoddles don't shed, but some do! Well, they are 1/2 Labrador, did they honestly think they wouldn't not shed? lol

January 1st, 2008, 07:19 PM
ah yes.

The original purpose for the "labradoodle" was to create a hypo allergenic seeing eye dog. However, those efforts failed using extremely well bred(confirmation and genetically sound) Labrador Retr. and Standard Poodles.

And even with many many many generations of these dogs being produced, less than 10% were truly hypo allergenic.

What makes people think they can produce nonshedding dogs from their pets? They probably dont, but they will say anything to make big bucks of their dogs.

Even if they DO care for their dogs, they are being selfish for producing more dogs, mutts at that, when there are SO many wasting away and beng euthanized in shelters.

Breeding for anything other than breed preservation is selfish. And with over 300 or so established purebreds there is little need to create more dogs. Especially those without a purpose but to carry a name with an "oodle" or "poo" attatched to them.

Nothing against the dogs themselves, as I am sure they are WONDERFUL pets, but people need to stop and realize what they are doing when they bring another litter into this world.

Just an input, the dogs themselves are pretty cute. As a pet groomer I can attest to that! But boy do they get big and hairy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search