Canidae

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2007, 08:55 AM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
Cooper is getting to bottom of the barrel with his current food and we are going to try canidae. Question is where can I buy it?

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

December 23rd, 2007, 09:56 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Canidea store locator... http://www.canidae.com/company/storelocator.html
December 23rd, 2007, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Typically it is sold in feed stores. If you have a hard time finding it in your area go to www.petpointe.com if you use their bulk deal it comes out to $34-$39 per bag (shipping included) depending on where you live which is about the right price. You have to buy 5 bags at a time for that deal though so you will drop around $200 but that should last you a GOOD LONG TIME depending on how many dogs are eating it. Personally I buy mine at a grooming facility and it's $32.99 per 40 pound bag and the guy orders every other week so it's always fresh. There's another place in my area that is a feed store that sells it for $33.99.

Good luck!
December 24th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
If you can't buy it in your area. You might want to go to your local pet store and see if they can special order it for you. I would start off with a small bag, just to see if that food will work for your dog or dogs..

Good luck..

December 24th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
If you can't buy it in your area. You might want to go to your local pet store and see if they can special order it for you. I would start off with a small bag, just to see if that food will work for your dog or dogs..

Good luck..[/b]
Probably not. They have to contract with Canidae (as well as a lot of the high end foods) so it isn't as simple as just ordering it, they have to sign a contract with them that lasts X amount of time, etc. It wouldn't hurt to try but don't be surprised if they say they don't contract with them.
December 24th, 2007, 11:21 AM
You'd be surprised what a local pet store can order for you. When I moved up to Idaho, I needed a bag of Innova LB puppy food for my Lab and my local pet store ordered it for me. They just had me pay for it in advance.. Canidae is common and not that expensive. I'm sure some local pet store will not have a problem ordering it.

December 24th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
You'd be surprised what a local pet store can order for you. When I moved up to Idaho, I needed a bag of Innova LB puppy food for my Lab and my local pet store ordered it for me. They just had me pay for it in advance.. Canidae is common and not that expensive. I'm sure some local pet store will not have a problem ordering it.[/b]
Well mine did. It's a 2 year contract minimum and it's $50 a year for them to contract with them and they said they didn't get many inquiries on it so they didn't want to. I thought they were just giving me a load of BS with the contract and prices, but 3 more told me the same thing, so I found it weird that 4 different places would have the same story unless it were true. All companies are different, but it seems that for this one it's on a contract basis and may not be as easy as just calling the company to order from them. Really I drive a good 70 miles round trip to buy it, if I could get it closer I would love to! I just buy 2-3 bags at a time so I only have to go once every 3-4 months which helps.

On the expensive or inexpensive, it just depends on where you go. I've seen it anywhere from $32 per 40 pound bag up to $50 per 40 pound bag.
December 24th, 2007, 01:35 PM
That's crazy.. I'm glad I didn't have problems ordering Innova.. That's crazy how much they charge for Canidae in your area.. At our holistic pet store it's one of the cheaper brands.. Crazy how it all varies..

December 24th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
That's crazy.. I'm glad I didn't have problems ordering Innova.. That's crazy how much they charge for Canidae in your area.. At our holistic pet store it's one of the cheaper brands.. Crazy how it all varies..[/b]
Well $32 for a premium food IS cheap IMO. Innova is much more expensive as is Wellness, Fromm, Timberwolfe, Nature's Variety, California Natural, etc. The place I found it for $40 delivers to your home free of charge (although that charge is added to the price of the food I am sure). It was not in my area per se, I have found it for $50 per bag ONLINE. Most of the places I have found it in my area that do not deliver it it is between $32.99 and $34.99. Personally it's $33.99 where I get it at a mom and pop grooming facility. It's $1 cheaper at a Pet Supply store but another foster home with the rescue I work with bought from there and found bugs all inside the bag. When she called the store said they were bug bombing their stock room and have had many complaints about the same thing. Yeah so I stopped buying from them and decided to go with a more reputable store that didn't fumugate in the same place they store their food. The place it was $40 will deliver to my doorstep, but it still ends up being cheaper for me to buy in bulk and drive the 70 miles and save the $6 per bag.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search