Mud Question

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Carie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Carie
Ok the snow is starting to melt here and the ground is getting really muddy. I hate letting my dogs out in it. Because I have to run them to the sink everytime and it is a pain! I need some suggestions from fellow pet owners in how you deal with this issue. Is there something I can buy to put on their feet? I mean they get too dirty to just wipe it off with a towel. They are corgis and so they are really low to the ground and it gets on their tummy's. So if anyone can help me out that would be great!!! Thanks!!

January 8th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
They make rain boots for dogs paws, but I'm not sure how much they're going to like that. Personally when it gets muddy here, I just fill a pitcher with water and pour the water on their feet and use my hand to get the dirt off and let them in the house with wet paws, it's just water so it doesn't hurt the carpet. And then I only let them outside a couple of times a day and only long enough to go to the bathroom (I watch from the door and when they are done they come straight in). That means more inside play time and turning up the volume on the TV a bit more than typical, but it keeps them much cleaner and cuts down on my work load for the day. I've had good success with doing it that way.

Good luck!
January 10th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Teresa_S's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Teresa_S
If you have a porch or area you can leave them on for a bit, just put them there until they've dried off then just brush the mud off of them. If you don't have a room stick them n their crates until they dry. It sure helps and it's better for their coats. Just let the mud dry and take a brush and brush it out. That or what I did when I didn't have a screened in prch and even less space to put crates by the door, is I kept a towel right there handy. I'd let them in one at a time, and dry each one off then let the next one in.

</div><div align="center">Come visit us at:</div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search