We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
It turns out our poor dog has extremely severe allergies...
Our vet offered us two courses of action, suggested we go the cheaper route for now, and see if it works... He gave him a shot of Cortisone, and he has put him on Science Diet Z/D prescription food. When we saw the price of the bag, we both just about choked... $50 for an 18 lb bag! Yipes!
If we do not see results within a month or so, he will go back in for a blood draw, and the blood work will be sent off to have tests run to see exactly what he is allergic to. From that point, he will go through a years time of injections that will help him build up immunity to whatever he is allergic to.
We didn't ask the cost, but I can only imagine... OMG.
I emailed his breeder to tell him what is going on. Waiting for a response.
We wont sell him back, if that is what they offer, he is a fantastic dog and we have fallen in love with him... But I would hope they offer to help with the vet bill, at the very least?