my baby got neutered today...

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Regular
hi! my name is Rachel and i'm the loving mama to my furbaby Duke! he's a 6 month old papi-poo and today he got neutered! i was so scared and upset all day! i kept calling the vet to check on him but everything went well... he's sleeping right now on the bed beside me... i know he's probably in pain and uncomfortable but i know it was the right thing to do... just thought i would join this board so i could talk to some people who care as much about their pets as i do duke!
January 19th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Hi Rachel, welcome to you and Duke!

I'm Annie, one of the hosts here... Look forward to getting to know you.
When I was a child, we had a Papillon and a Toy Poodle. Awesome dogs.
January 19th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on making that decision. Did they give you any pain medication for him? I will be in that boat this Thursday as my 6 month old Boxer will be going in to get neutered, although his is basically a spay since he has a missing testicle. I have opted to give him Tramadol. If you feel your pup is in pain, call your vet and ask for a RX, it can be filled at any human pharmacy for cheap.

Good luck and I hope he's on the road to recovery!
January 19th, 2008, 06:51 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Welcome to the board!!!

Duke will be just fine. As Mommie said if you feel hes hurting, just call the vet.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 21st, 2008, 07:48 PM
Regular
yes the vet gave me some medicine to give him. I give him the last dose tomorrow... he's seems to be ok though... he was pretty out of it the first night but now he's back to his crazy self! I can't wit to take him back to the vet to get his staples out... I hate looking at them... makes me squeamish... lol
January 22nd, 2008, 06:52 AM
Regular
I didnt know vets used staples anymore? All the ones around here use the stitching that disolves. Poor thing having to go back in...the staples would probably bother me to! I can imagine how the dog must be taking it.

I can remember all the pets ive had spayed/neutered in the past, all different and I was worried at each one of them.

Beat it all, the worst was when we had our cat, Tig, neutered. He was a friends outside tom cat for a long long time (he sorta showed up and never left)

They didnt want him, didnt want him inside or anything like that, not cat people. We met them and asked if we could have him, so we took him.

I will say, he is one of the sweetest cats around...........except when he got neutered. He was awful for days. If you looked at him he would growl at you. And I mean this is a cat that normally you could do anything with and he would never scratch or even try to scratch or bit or anything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search