Am I doing this wrong??

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
I feed my bunny once before we leave for the day and again when we get home. We give him Ecotrition(sp??) from Petco. It has dried fruits and veggies, alfalfa pellets and Timothy Hay pellets in it. Then we also have the Timothy Hay in his Hay Buffet. Am I overfeeding him??? I change his bedding every other day. And fill his water bottle every other day as well.

Also, I tried giving him toys to play with and change them out every 3 days or so, but I never see him playing with them. Also, (sorry Im full of questions) he doesnt like the chew sticks we have given him. We have tried 3 different kinds and nothing. He leaves them there, and will chew on his cage instead. What would you reccomend for his chewing???

ETA: He will be going to the vet for a checkup in 2 weeks since he has never been before since weve gotten him.

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
January 21st, 2008, 05:08 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Rabbits should have a diet consisting mainly of timothy hay... Pellets should be provided, but in small amounts. I'd say no more than 1 cup a day... It is up to you if you would like to feed your rabbit just once a day, or break it up into two meals. As for the pelleted meal you are feeding... Any Petco employee will tell you that the small animals prefer "variety" in their meals, and will like the veggies and other items, but really, just a plain pelleted diet is much healthier for them. I used to feed my show rabbits Purina... GOOD food! I had to purchase it through the local feedstore, and I would buy in bulk (I had a large rabbitry)... The food was fantastic, though, I highly recommend it.

Check out this link: PurinaMills Rabbit

As for the chewing... There is no real way to get a rabbit to chew, if he doesn't want to.
I wouldn't worry too much about it! As long as your bunny doesn't have maloclussion, there is no concern if he isn't interested in gnawing.

January 23rd, 2008, 01:36 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I know nothing about rabbits, so im glad Annie replied to your post lol

However, my hamster does not chew on those chew sticks either. He chews up papers towells and makes his bedding and toilet paper rolls.

He does not chew up his cage because hes in a glass aquarium with a screened top.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 26th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
A friend told me to give Oreo cardboard, and I was like a little optimistic about giving it to him, but we did, and he LOVES it!!!!!

I give him the Timothy Hay as well. We bought him a little bed as well, for him to sleep in sincehe would sleep in his potty. He looves the bed we got for him.

He is such a silly rabbit!

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
January 26th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Hart_N_Sole
He's such a beautiful bunny...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search