SUV Cargo Liners

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Made to keep messes from soaking through to the carpet in your SUV... Do you use these?
What do you think... Good idea, bad idea? Waste of money? Great invention?
February 18th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Hart_N_Sole
I'm considering purchasing one for the back of my Tahoe... I like to take my dogs out quite often, and when we go on roadtrips, a lot of the time the dogs will come along. In November, we will be driving back to Southern California, and I'd like to have something down "just in case".
February 18th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just bought an after market mat (like the ones you put down on the floor in the front and back seats). It is plastic on the bottom, and it keeps the real interior clean. But my dogs use seat belts always so they sit in the back seat now, I just put a THICK blanket I bought at Wal-Mart for $4 on the seat so they don't get it yucky, and with the seatbelt I dictate how much movement they can do, which isn't as much if my son is in the car.

A story for those that DON'T use seatbelts for their dogs...My husband is a highway patrol officer and there was a family coming from Tucson back to Phoenix, driving in their SUV with their 2 year old, husband, wife, and 3 larger dogs. Someone side swiped them and the SUV rolled, child luckily was in a carseat as the husband and wife were in seatbelts, but dogs were just in the back cab of the SUV and all 3 were catapulted from the vehicle. One was dead by the time officers arrived, the other 2 were still alive, they had 3 vets on the scene working on them, but the other 2 died at the scene as well. So where this family is okay (which is great), their 3 dogs were dead because they were not seatbelted into the car.

Anyway, before this, I did not belt my dogs in, honestly hadn't really occurred to me. After hearing this I bought (2) of them for $12 each and they NEVER ride in the car anymore w/o being belted in.

So, if you can, I would recommend that (I bought mine brand new on e-bay for $10 for the large including shipping and $12 for the x-tra large including shipping. That or transport in crates or SOMETHING.

But on the liner issue, a large blanket with a piece of plastic under it would do the same thing and be a whole lot cheaper I'm sure.
February 18th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Hart_N_Sole
Quote:
A story for those that DON'T use seatbelts for their dogs...

Anyway, before this, I did not belt my dogs in, honestly hadn't really occurred to me. After hearing this I bought (2) of them for $12 each and they NEVER ride in the car anymore w/o being belted in.

So, if you can, I would recommend that (I bought mine brand new on e-bay for $10 for the large including shipping and $12 for the x-tra large including shipping. That or transport in crates or SOMETHING.[/b]
That's really sad... What a tragic loss.

I've never thought about it either, but I have no idea what we could do as far as belting the dogs in.
Our two sons are obviously in carseats in the back, and the dogs are in the very back...

We do have seats that can go back there (we have them taken out right now), but would a dog sit still on a seat for an eight hour drive??
February 18th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
A story for those that DON'T use seatbelts for their dogs...

So, if you can, I would recommend that (I bought mine brand new on e-bay for $10 for the large including shipping and $12 for the x-tra large including shipping. That or transport in crates or SOMETHING.[/b]
That's really sad... What a tragic loss.

I've never thought about it either, but I have no idea what we could do as far as belting the dogs in.
Our two sons are obviously in carseats in the back, and the dogs are in the very back...

We do have seats that can go back there (we have them taken out right now), but would a dog sit still on a seat for an eight hour drive??
[/b]
They don't get a choice. The "leash" that goes into the belt buckle in the car is adjustable, so you make it short enough where they can sit up and lay down and can't walk around. Yes, they will. Mine just lay down whenever we go places now. We were gone, oh yeah it was a long time...um it was a 2 1/2 hour drive there and 2 1/2 back and then we were driving around while we were there, I'd say 6-7 hours and she just laid down 'cause she couldn't go anywhere else. If it were me, there's no way I'd drive that long and that far without them secured somehow, especially if you have the means by adding the extra seat back there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search