Pet Doors

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Do you have any in your home?
February 18th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Teresa_S's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Teresa_S
Nope, living out here there is too big of a chance of somthing coming in the house that shouldn't like a snake or skunk. LOL

</div><div align="center">Come visit us at:</div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div>
February 18th, 2008, 02:50 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
we actually put one in a few months ago for Max.....he has his own "pantry" off our kitchen....lol....so he can come and go for his food,litter etc, and Sadie can't get to the dishes ! what a help !!

February 18th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope. We have strictly indoor cats (2), so no doggie/pet door. I MAY consider it once the cats are gone, but hopefully that's years down the road.
February 18th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hart_N_Sole
We have a small cat door installed on our garage door (coming into the house).

Since we keep the cats litterboxes, food, and water in the garage, it really helps that they can get in and out, and the dogs are too big to go through the door to get into the cats items!
February 18th, 2008, 04:56 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Quote:

Since we keep the cats litterboxes, food, and water in the garage, it really helps that they can get in and out, and the dogs are too big to go through the door to get into the cats items![/b]
I love the idea of having one even for indoor cats......wish I would have gotten it when we first moved in, it would have saved alot of "snacked on" food !!!

February 18th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:

Since we keep the cats litterboxes, food, and water in the garage, it really helps that they can get in and out, and the dogs are too big to go through the door to get into the cats items![/b]
I love the idea of having one even for indoor cats......wish I would have gotten it when we first moved in, it would have saved alot of "snacked on" food !!!
[/b]
We just put the food up higher so dogs can't get to it but cats can and they all share the same water bowl.
February 18th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Hart_N_Sole
Quote:
We just put the food up higher so dogs can't get to it but cats can and they all share the same water bowl.[/b]
We mainly have the door installed because of the litterboxes... I don't want the mess of the litter, nor the smell, in the house since it is so small anyhow... So the cats needed a way to get in and out... It's just an added bonus to keep the dogs away from the food & water too!
February 18th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
We just put the food up higher so dogs can't get to it but cats can and they all share the same water bowl.[/b]
We mainly have the door installed because of the litterboxes... I don't want the mess of the litter, nor the smell, in the house since it is so small anyhow... So the cats needed a way to get in and out... It's just an added bonus to keep the dogs away from the food & water too!
[/b]
Yeah, we use our garage quite a few times a day so I'd be afraid they'd be in there, garage door goes up, etc. Not to mention, in the summer time it gets well above 150 degrees in there so I don't think that'd work well in the summer. Our garage door from the house to the garage is also in the laundry room and we keep the laundry room door closed all the time, so with the layout of our house and how much we use the garage it just wouldn't work. We keep the litter box in our guest bathroom, and with the booda dome with the "stairs" in it I don't have tracked litter and using the Ever Clean litter I have no smell. I'm really sensitive to kitty litter and I don't ever smell the stuff it's AWESOME.
February 18th, 2008, 06:40 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I dont have one but I want one sooo bad!!

We have a privacy fence so the dogs run freely in the backyard. I would love to have a door so they can come and go as they please.

I too am worried that BOB will escape, he does this anyway. And he climbs the fence and goes and sits on the neighbors porch, drives me crazy!

I have read that they have ones where the dogs wear certain tags on their collars, and the door will only open for them. But I can just see BOB figuring that out and riding outside on Casper back or something lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 19th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No. I'm too worried that something might come in the house.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
February 20th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Boochimomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Boochimomma Send a message via Yahoo to Boochimomma
No, its not needed.

~*Thank you *Sharon*
for my awesomely awesome siggy!!*~

February 20th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Hart_N_Sole
Quote:
Yeah, we use our garage quite a few times a day so I'd be afraid they'd be in there, garage door goes up, etc. Not to mention, in the summer time it gets well above 150 degrees in there so I don't think that'd work well in the summer.[/b]
We don't use our garage for cars at all (since we live in a townhome, we only have a one car garage), so I had DH unplug it so there is absolutely no way it can go up anymore... he even locked it, so no one can pull it up manually.

Our townhome is built so that the back of our home gets all the sun, and the front is shady all year round... Which makes it nice in the summer, but in the winter, ice builds up!

We hope to be moving in the next year or so, and we hope to be buying a home... With any luck, we will have a much bigger place, and I can set the cats stuff up in the laundry room or something to that nature... We just have to make do with what we have now, and we live in a small, cramped space.
February 23rd, 2008, 08:03 PM
ANGWife
We have one installed to the utility room where the litterbox is.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search