What breed do you think my dog is?

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
I got my dog about a year ago at the pound. I've been wondering what she's mixed with. I know she a lab mix or maybe pure breed but I don't think so. When she's been to the vet they said lab/hound mix another veterinarian said she could be a pure breed because she doesn't look like anything else. She's about 60 pounds. What do you ladies think? Here's some pics of her.

February 19th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Looks like lab mix to me. I'd say predominently lab, but he/she doesn't look pure bred to me enough to say 100%. Could be mixed with a weak gene dog. There IS a test out there that can tell you. I'm not sure how much it costs, but it's a blood test that can tell you that is done by your vet. You can probably google it.
February 19th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Regular
To me your dog's face and especially the nose look too slender and graceful for a lab. Everything else about her looks just like a lab.
I agree with the other reply, she must be predominantly lab, maybe she had one parent who was not quite pure breed. I have no idea what to guess for the mix!

February 19th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Thanks!!!

February 19th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks!!! I'll look coonhound up. I don't think I can afford a blood test for her

February 19th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thanks!!! I'll look coonhound up. I don't think I can afford a blood test for her [/b]
I checked with my vet, he charges $55 for the test to see what the breed(s) are. Really, that's pretty reasonable IMO and should definitely be affordable. But on the other IMO it's a waste of money as, if she's a good dog, you love her, etc then who cares what she is. Lab mix works just fine unless you think there is a health concern and you need to know what else is in her.
February 19th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Hart_N_Sole
Predominantly Labrador, and I'd say a mix of either Beagle or hound of some sort. She's cute!
February 19th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks!!! I'll look coonhound up. I don't think I can afford a blood test for her [/b]
I checked with my vet, he charges $55 for the test to see what the breed(s) are. Really, that's pretty reasonable IMO and should definitely be affordable. But on the other IMO it's a waste of money as, if she's a good dog, you love her, etc then who cares what she is. Lab mix works just fine unless you think there is a health concern and you need to know what else is in her.
[/b]

Quote:
Predominantly Labrador, and I'd say a mix of either Beagle or hound of some sort. She's cute![/b]
Thanks! Only $55 wow! That's an awesome price. No, I was just curious. She's such a good dog! Hyper LOL but she's almost two. She has a good temperament. So good with the baby. I think Labs are so good with kids, from what I've seen. Dh thinks she's mixed with Beagle. I love Beagles. If I get a second dog I'd probably get a Beagle.

February 20th, 2008, 06:36 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Looks like a mix with a Walker Hound maybe??

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 20th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Teresa_S's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Teresa_S
Def lab, but the head (ears) say hound.

</div><div align="center">Come visit us at:</div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div>
February 21st, 2008, 07:59 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
she looks mostly lab, and yes I think some kind of hound..but definately in my opinion, she looks like 100 % sweetheart !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search