Does anybody feed....

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Blue Buffalo dog food? If so what are your thoughts?
February 28th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Teresa_S's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Teresa_S
Nope never fed it, but it looks like a godo brand.

</div><div align="center">Come visit us at:</div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div>
February 29th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Hart_N_Sole
A friend of mine used to work for the company. She said it is a fairly decent food.
February 29th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, after doing some research it was part of the recall so definitely not. I may try the Chicken Soup food again. I used it a couple of years ago and switched to Canidae because it was a better food and actually cheaper. Why can't he just eat what is good for him LoL.
February 29th, 2008, 01:00 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
we actually got samples of the dry food from the company for Sadie to try....and she did like it....
btu I am still up in the air about making the switch.
I "think" the Blue recall was a voluntary one, from what I am reading now anyway.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1824868/posts

February 29th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks! Yeah I requested some samples from Blue Buffalo as well as from Chicken Soup. Chicken Soup answered my e-mail request in about 30 minutes and is sending out some samples of the Puppy Formula via UPS and it will be here in 3-5 days. We'll see what Blue says. I'm not sure how much it costs in the PetSmart store, but if the price online is the same as the store it's too expensive for what it is IMO and I'll go with the chicken soup food.
February 29th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Teresa_S's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Teresa_S
Chicken soup is good and not that high at all. Look at one of your local feed stores, it'll be cheaper there, than a pet store.

</div><div align="center">Come visit us at:</div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div>
February 29th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Chicken soup is good and not that high at all. Look at one of your local feed stores, it'll be cheaper there, than a pet store.[/b]
Oh I fed it a couple of years ago to my girl so I know a good place to get it I was getting it at a feed store for $28.50 (that included tax) for the 35 pound bag.

I meant the Blue Buffalo you can only get at PetSmart or PetCo, online it's $39.99 for the 33 pound bag and IMO that's outragous for that food, but a lot of times they are more expensive online than in their stores, but unless it's like $15 cheaper than online I'm going to pass on it.

But yeah, the chicken Soup food I am familiar with but I did not have my puppy when I was feeding it to my girl and since he's the picky one I requested some samples and the company was more than happy to provide me with them which was awesome.
March 1st, 2008, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
we used to.

March 1st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
we used to.[/b]
LoL. You used to what? Feed Blue Buffalo, Chicken Soup, and if Blue Buffalo, do you have any opinions on it? Why did you switch?

"We used to" doesn't tell me a whole lot.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search