We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Thanks there is only a thirty percent chance but I am hoping she is in that small group that outgrows it
When A.J had his testing, the allergist said she wants to retest when he is 3 or 4 years old. A.J too is allergic to peanuts like Elise.
So even if she still allergic, she still may out grow it because she is so young.
The one allergy I was told A.J would not outgrow is the Cat and dog dander allergy, the allergy gets worse over time. I also made him fried rice with egg and a small amount of soy sauce a few months back, he broke out in hives. It will be a few years before I give him eggs and soy again.
Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; January 9th, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
Did you find out about the allergy through testing? Or a reaction?
I ask because DH found out about a tree nut allergy through testing. And he avoided them his whole life, thinking it would end up really badly if he ate them. And since he has met me, he has been exposed TWICE (apparently my family likes stuff with nuts!) and barely reacted at all. Just a little tickle in his throat and a funky taste in his mouth. So the good thing about finding out through a test is that the severity might not be too bad, since they can react strongly on the test and not in real life.
But it is NOT something I would risk trying anyway. Just thought it would help to have that knowledge. But if she reacted badly once before, that info doesn't help at all
She had a reaction I gave her peanut butter shortly after she turned one and lips doubled in size and broke out in hives with in minutes luckily it was a week day and the doctor got us right in gave her benadryl and we do the pin prick test not the blood test so you can see the reaction of it just touching her skin my allergist prefers that as she can tell certain things from how large and what the reaction looks like