Conveniences & Annoyances of Formula Feeding

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
For me, formula feeding has its advantages but it also has its headaches sometimes. Anyone else feel the same, or is everything peachy?

Conveniences for me: Not having to spend hours pumping, able to let others feed her if needed, ability to eat, drink, and leave the house freely without being confined to her feeding schedule

Annoyances: Bottles, bottles, bottles! I wash/make bottles at least twice a day. They're always either soaking in a sink of soapy water or lined up on my kitchen counter. But there are always bottles in my face. And who can forget the ridiculous cost of formula?

January 15th, 2009, 09:20 PM
HunterandLandonsmom's Avatar Super Mommy
^^^Ditto to everything you said...lol

January 15th, 2009, 10:13 PM
*S.M.S*'s Avatar Super Mommy
same goes for me
she has to be on nutramigen right now so thatz even more costly right now

Thanx *Sharon* for my siggy
January 16th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Tia, you hit the nail on the head!

what you said.. add STAINS.
January 16th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Ugh, how could I forget those nasty yellow stains??

January 16th, 2009, 02:32 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
LOL

you ladies have it ALL covered !!!!

January 16th, 2009, 10:11 PM
IMakeBoys
We co-sleep and my older son also sleeps in our room, in his crib. Asher's still waking up 2-3 times a night. I usually try and take him to the living room to feed him when he starts whining because if I wait until it becomes a full on cry, he wakes Ethan up. It's exhausting and I've lost count of how many times I've fell asleep holding him on the couch.
January 17th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
I forgot all about having to get up in the middle of the night to get a bottle instead of just reaching in your shirt. Definitely annoying!

January 18th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think you all hve it covered!! Washing bottles doesnt bother me...but I do have to say the cost of formula isnt fun!!

January 19th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
Ditto to you all!!! Also, I think it'd ridiculous how much the name brand formulas cost....most of that is due to all the advertising and free stuff they give away.

And I cheated a little in the middle of the night...I have one of those things that keeps a bottle cold on one side and the other side is a warmer. I used that so I didn't have to go downstairs when she was hungry.

January 19th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Quote:
And I cheated a little in the middle of the night...I have one of those things that keeps a bottle cold on one side and the other side is a warmer. I used that so I didn't have to go downstairs when she was hungry.[/b]
What is this thing?

January 19th, 2009, 03:32 PM
syddiesuesmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to syddiesuesmama
Quote:
And I cheated a little in the middle of the night...I have one of those things that keeps a bottle cold on one side and the other side is a warmer. I used that so I didn't have to go downstairs when she was hungry.[/b]

This is the one I have and LOVE!!!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2403657

January 20th, 2009, 07:52 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Quote:
Annoyances: Bottles, bottles, bottles! I wash/make bottles at least twice a day. They're always either soaking in a sink of soapy water or lined up on my kitchen counter. But there are always bottles in my face.[/b]
LOL! LMAO! This made me laugh out loud because this is EXACTLY how I feel. Wherever we end up feeding Julia (early morning, in the bedroom; during the day, in the living room near the window ... or the sofa ... or the desk where the computer sits), there is a bottle. Every time I turn around, I see a bottle. I swear, those things multiply just to make me crazy (LOL!!!).

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
January 25th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
its easier for me
February 2nd, 2009, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the fact that I can go out freely and leave Koal with Dh or my mom or taht my kids can feed him if they want to.

I agre with someone above bottle bottle everywhere bottles. Seems like I make them constantly even though we have them made for the day.
February 2nd, 2009, 12:04 PM
Veteran
Have have no complaints about formula feeding other thent he smell!! It stinks!!! Fresh or old, it smells!!! THe baby burps, farts and poo diapers smell WAY worse then breastfed babies do... lol

We only had one bottle for a long long time.. It worked for us that way.. Wash it after feeding and its ready to go for the next. Now we have two.. But one is the Nuby that comes with 3 differnt lids/3 differnt nipples.. She doesnt really like it yet..

February 2nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Conveniences: Like some of you ladies said: 1)That DH/others can feed him, 2)Don't have to worry about pumping (I'm a working mommy)

Annoyances: Cost of formula, cleaning/making bottles

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search