Nighttime Feedings

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Anyone else still waking up for nighttime feedings?

How do you handle nighttime feedings?(I.e. Do you have to go all the way downstairs for a bottle, do you have a night/day warmer in your room or baby's room, etc.)

How long does it take your LO to go back to sleep?

April 29th, 2009, 02:12 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Kaylin occasionally wakes up around 4:00 am.

I have to go down stairs for a bottle. I have a night/day warmer, but I ALWAYS forget to put a bottle in there! It doesn't really bother me to have to go get it though...

She is very good about going back to sleep, she almost always falls asleep during the last ounce or two. Some times she won't even finish the bottle, and will sleep through burping LOL
April 29th, 2009, 03:01 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
Luckily we're in an apartment and our bedroom is right oustide the kitchen/dining room area. I was in a really good habit of prepping bottles at night, warming them, then going back in the bedroom. Henry would drink, then fall right back to sleep.

the past few days, he's been taking bigger bottles (anywhere from 5-6 oz) and sleeping longer at night. Two of the last three nights, he was up for about 90 minutes, but went back to sleep easily. Last night he passed out aroudn 6, got up at 12:30, 4:30 and 7:00 to eat.

April 29th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She hasnt been getting up at night for quite a while. She got up last night at midnight and was acting hungry so I fed her and she ate only about 4oz and fell back asleep for the rest of the night..that is pretty unlike her though.

April 29th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Trinity had gotten down to one overnight feeding. I can't really call it a 'nighttime' feeding because it would be between 4 and 5 AM. Lately she's been waking up at 1 AM to eat. She usually will fall back asleep quickly.

April 29th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Caden's MaMa 8-7-08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Caden's MaMa 8-7-08 Send a message via Yahoo to Caden's MaMa 8-7-08
I cant remember how old Caden was when he was up for night feedings, I think it quit about 2-3 mos. He was pretty good about it

TY for the siggies everyone!
April 30th, 2009, 05:40 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cassidy still gets up in the night for a bottle. Yeah. 18 months later, I'm still waiting to sleep through the night.

Anyway, she only eats about 4 ounces, and then goes back to sleep quickly and easily.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

April 30th, 2009, 11:49 AM
BobbiC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Laura doesn't get up for night time feedings anymore. She eats at about 10pm and then sleeps till around 6-7am.

May 1st, 2009, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Bryant normally wakes up around 2 or 3am. He gets a 5oz bottle and goes back to sleep.

Sara, you are scaring me! I was hoping this would end soon!
May 1st, 2009, 05:19 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
95% of the time she sleeps through the night, but every once in a while she gets up and gets a bottle, but she falls back asleep right away.

May 1st, 2009, 05:21 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Karen, I was hoping it would be over too! Trinity's only a few weeks behind your baby and we're still doing nighttime feedings. But instead it seems like she's regressing. She wakes up twice before time to get up. Once late at night and again in the early morning hours.

May 5th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jackson is still waking up 2-3 times during the night...he had about a week where he was only waking up one time...but now he's up a lot more which is no fun!
When he goes to bed at night I fill 3 bottles with the right amount of water and fill a formula dispenser with the right amount of powder and put everything on his bookshelf in his room next to the glider. When he wakes up I make the bottle right then and he eats then falls asleep while I burp him! He's very good about going back to sleep which I'm happy about!
I have never warmed his bottles for him, he takes them just fine room temperature!

May 6th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We premake the overnight bottles so we make 3 just in case. Emily has been taking her last bottle about 10:30 and then wakes up at 4:45 and then at 7:45. She is sleeping really well. Her old schedule was a little better she would take her bottle at 9 then wake up at 3:30 and then 6:30 which is what I hope she will get to before I go back to work. We have to heat the bottle which takes about 4 minutes. She usually goes right back to sleep right after her bottle but then at 7:30 she is up for the day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search