another problem

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2009, 12:14 AM
*S.M.S*'s Avatar Super Mommy
well i started stephanie on Prosobee from Nutramigen 2 days ago but now she has trouble doing poop. she has to really strain and her face gets all red and purple. if she's like this on day 2 then i don't want to even imagine how she'll be in a week. should i try the gentle one or stick w/ soy? wut do you think ladies?

*i hate it when ppl say its easy to formula feed*

Thanx *Sharon* for my siggy
May 1st, 2009, 09:29 AM
Tia loves her Trinity!
You can massage her tummy or take her temp rectally which can induce a BM. Those are just some things the doctor's office told me. I'd give it another day or two. It can take time to see results after a formula change. But if she's truly miserable and you're not seeing a positive change then try the gentle formula.

May 1st, 2009, 09:01 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
I would wait at least a week. It can take some time... it could just be form switching, not necessarily the formula itself.

I would try everything else for constipation before switching formulas again. Make sure that is truly the culprit.
May 4th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Caden's MaMa 8-7-08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Caden's MaMa 8-7-08 Send a message via Yahoo to Caden's MaMa 8-7-08
I agree with what the others have said, also most young babies sound as if they are having a hard time with their BM's because they dont know how to relax their anal muscles, they are only truly constipated if their BM's are hard and visibly constipated!

TY for the siggies everyone!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search