Leaving baby with others

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2009, 06:28 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
When you leave baby with others, do you pre-make bottles?
Or do you trust others to make up their bottles?
If you pre-make, how much do you make when someone else (Parents, daycare, babysitter, etc.) keeps baby?

May 1st, 2009, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I used to be REAL anal about his bottles, only DH or I could make them. Now, I trust others to make his bottles - I only leave him with the babysitter or my sister.
May 1st, 2009, 08:04 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
I'm STILL very anal about her bottles. I hate making and washing them but I'd rather do it myself and do it the way I want it done. I hope I can give up some of my control some time in the next 7 months.

But I'm not just anal about her bottles. I'm picky about most things when it comes to her.

May 1st, 2009, 09:59 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
When you leave baby with others, do you pre-make bottles? ALWAYS. Unless it's my mother. I trust her, but I don't want anyone else to have to worry about it.

If you pre-make, how much do you make when someone else (Parents, daycare, babysitter, etc.) keeps baby? Depends on how long I'm going to be gone and when she last ate. If I am going to be gone a while, I make sure there are at least 3, just incase something spills, she pukes, or anything else goes wrong.
May 4th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Caden's MaMa 8-7-08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Caden's MaMa 8-7-08 Send a message via Yahoo to Caden's MaMa 8-7-08
I used to be horrible at this and I was the only one to make them, now the only ones who have watched Caden besides DF is my Mom and Dad, I trust both of them to make the bottles, I usually just leave water measured in them and then formula scooped into the divider thing anways. I never mix them and put them in the fridge since they are harder to warm, and only last 24 hours.

TY for the siggies everyone!
May 4th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I make and wash them myself most of the time. She only goes with my mom and dad or my cousin all whom I trust very much. We dont premake..we just make them as we go

May 5th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I will only leave him with DH or my mom and I trust both of them to make the bottles. If I would for some reason, leave him with anyone other than those two I would pour the water in the bottles and put the formula in the little plastic dispenser thing that I have so I knew that he was getting the right amounts!

May 5th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Double Post Sorry!

May 5th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Maybe I'm just a control freak

May 6th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Only my DH and I make them. I have only left Emily a couple of times for maybe an hour with my in-laws. I made all of her bottles ahead of time. Some were even expressed breastmilk so all they had to do was pour it in the bottle but I didn't even trust them to do that. She starts daycare in 4 weeks and they require we premake the bottles. Even if they didn't I would still just to make sure they are right.

May 8th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
I pour the water into the bottle and put the formula in a dispenser. Then they just have to dump in the formula and shake it up.

May 8th, 2009, 09:46 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
I usually send 1 pre-made and then enough poweder in my formula dispenser for them to make more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search