New here. Poo question.

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello. This is my first post here and I'm sorry if it is TMI and long. My daughter is 9 weeks old. We have been giving her every other bottle formula and expressed breastmilk since she was 1 week old. Recently we have been weaning her off the breastmilk as my supply is low and I am returning to work and don't want to pump anymore. When she was getting the breastmilk and formula she was soooo gassy and would not poo for 2 to 3 days. Since she has been getting more formula she has been pooing every day. I am so happy and she is so much happier and less fussy. Anyway, she is exclusively on formula for the last 3 days. Since then she has been pooing 3 times a day. She will have one big poo in the morning and then 2 very small later in the day. The consistency is like cottage cheese and is yellow. Is this normal??? Before when she was getting breastmilk it was more like thick mustard. I am concerned because I thought it was to get more brown and be like peanut butter consistency. It seems that it is not and was more like that before we changed to all formula. Any advice would be appreciated.

May 5th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Welcome to the board!

Now that you're exclusively formula feeding, one thing you'll learn is that formula poop comes in all different colors, textures, and smells! There really isn't one "typical" kind of poop in formula fed babies. My baby's has ranged from yellow to green and more now that she's on solids. The consistency has ranged from mustardy, seedy, and like peanut butter. As long as it isn't too watery and she isn't having painful or uncomfortable BMs, then I think she's probably fine.

May 5th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Julie!
What you are describing sounds just like what Jackson's is like...so I think it's normal

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search