Changing nipples

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How often do you buy new nipples for your bottles? I use the Avent ones and the packaging says after 3 months to replace. Emily is 9 weeks old and we use the slow flow 1 hole nipples. When do we go to the 2 hole ones? I know the packaging suggests 3 months and that is only a suggestion but I just wondered what others experiences have been. I don't want to give her more holes because she finishes a 4 oz bottle in 15 minutes sometimes faster.

May 6th, 2009, 08:55 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I replace them around once a month....
Katie didnt go to medium flow until 4 1/2 months, we use Playtex drop ins. Follow your baby's signal. If she seems to be sucking harder or getting frustrated, then it nay be tine to switch, if she is feeding fine,then the slow flow should be ok

May 6th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
I've only changed nipples once and that's when she was about 4 months old. We bought the medium flow and tried them out when she turned 3 months but she wasn't ready for them. We knew it was time to change when she was breathing heavy while she was drinking...like it was taking alot of effort for her to suck. Since moving to medium flow (stage 2) its much easier for her to suck now.

May 6th, 2009, 11:33 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Kaylin is about four months old and show no signs of needing to switch... Depending on how many bottles you use, I would replace nipples at least every 8 weeks, or if they show signs of wear.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search