Just some input please

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2009, 12:43 AM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay I just wanted to write this all out and see what you all think.

Linden will only take 2 ounces during the day...He takes 2 ounces about every 2-3 hours, anymore and he will spit up....But then he holds it all later and will eat 4 ounces - again any more and he will spit up...

At 8/9 - he takes a 4 ounce

Around 11/12 - he wakes up and nurses

Around 3-5 - nurses

7 - nurses

8 - up for good

10 - 2/4 ounce bottle

I need to get him on a schedule...How can I do this?? I don't think it's the type of formula (Enfamil Gentlease) He'll drink it other times, but I don't know what to do??

I sometimes give him cereal, he won't swallow it though I'm not sure if it's cuz he just doesn't like the cereal but I've tried for almost a month now, and he still doesn't seem to swallow it.

May 14th, 2009, 07:32 AM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
What kind of schedule? Like a better sleeping schedule?
Is he nursing during the day, or is he taking formula, or both? What does his daytime look like? A baby's night schedule is dependent on what they are getting during the day...
Do you think he is spitting up because he is full, or is he spitting up for some other reason maybe?
May 14th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Tia loves her Trinity!
As for the cereal, it took a couple weeks for Trinity to really "eat it." Swallowing it and all. For a while she would just kinda lap it off the spoon like a dog, and that's when she wanted it at all. So maybe Linden's just getting good at it. What kinda spoon are you using too?

Back on topic... Like Jenny said, what kinda schedule are you trying to set? A feeding schedule. Trinity isn't on a solid feeding schedule. She eats at approximately the same time. Sometimes give or take an hour. Is he waking up at the same time every day? That can make a difference. If he's waking up at different times all the time that can throw off his feeding schedule, kwim? I had to start forcing Trinity to wake up in the morning cuz that is one baby that will sleep for as long as I let her. Her waking up at different hours would push back her whole schedule and throw everything off...including her feedings.

But anyway, let us know what kinda schedule so we can help you better.

May 14th, 2009, 01:12 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I should make question posts when I'm not ready for bed lol.

I just mean is it normal?? For him to only eat 2 ounces, and then later? It has to be because he's full, he never spits up otherwise.

He nurses during the day, he won't take a nap during the day unless he is nursed to sleep.

He's waking up about 3 times now during the night instead of one, so I just was wondering do I need to start adding solids, trying to up his bottles?

May 14th, 2009, 10:29 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Well if he is spitting up if you give him any more, I wouldn't try and force him to eat anymore than that. While feeding him so often is not very easy for you, I can't imagine it means anything is wrong with him.

So let me get this straight...

You nurse him at night and before naps, because that's the only way he will fall asleep? And then feed him formula the rest of the time? Just to make sure I understand what's going on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search