Newbie here!

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2009, 11:09 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello ladies! I'm Chelsea (21) married to Sam (24) and we are expecting our IUI miracle princess - Brylie - this August! I am not bf'ing so I was hoping I Could join you over here! I am just starting to look into what kind of bottles, etc. to get. I would love any insight! And I can't wait to get to know you girls here!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 17th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Congrats on the upcoming arrival of Miss Brylie!

I'm Tia, mommy to Trinity who was born in November 2008. I started coming to this board when she was a month old because she was having problems with her formula. I've been here ever since! The ladies here are great and I've gotten some valuable info over the months. Don't be a stranger!

As for bottle suggestions, check out or bottle review sticky. You'll find reviews for just about any bottle you can think of. When I was PG I was freaking out about how many and what kinds of bottles to try. I bought a couple different brands (Avent, Gerber, Parent's Choice, Evenflo). In the end she preferred the cheapy Evenflo and Parent's Choice ones the best and I ended up selling all the others on eBay. My suggestion would be not to go overboard with the bottles. Just buy a few to start off with and you'll learn your baby's preferences!

May 17th, 2009, 09:16 PM
thanks for the warm welcome your daughter is beautiful!

i told dh that tomorrow im going to go to wal mart and buy one of each different brand and play around with them and see which ones i like best before i introduce any to her and then let her pick of the ones i like!!

as far as formula i figure they will start her on something at my hospital and i will just buy that brand...at least thats what i have heard they do!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
May 18th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Yep, they usually just pick the most basic formula from whichever brand your hospital uses. Ours used Enfamil so they started her on Enfamil Lipil. They even gave us a diaper bag full of goodies, including a free can of formula. And the hospital would fill up the bottom of her isolette with ready-to-feed formula bottles everyday and they let you take home whatever you don't use in the hospital. So you should have plenty of formula to start with!

May 18th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome!
I'm Holly (23) wife to Ben (25) and mommy to Jackson (2months )
I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
Brylie is such a pretty name!

May 18th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello and Welcome. I'm Julie (31) and my DH is Dan(31). Our DD Emily was born February 24th.
I started out formula feeding in the hospital and then pumped once we got home. She was getting every other bottle breastmilk and formula. Due to supply issues we are formula feeding only now. We had our choice at the hospital between Similac and Enfamil. We chose Enfamil and like Trinity's mom said we got a free diaper bag with a sample in it and got to also keep any bottles left in the bassinet when we left the hospital. I would visit the websites for the different formulas and sign up for their programs. You get free samples mailed to you and coupons closer to your due date. Also, our pediatrician gives us formula when we go too.

As for bottles, we use Avent. They are a little expensive. She takes them well. We are having problems with some of them leaking though.

I wish you good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and the birth of your little girl.

May 18th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and Welcome to the board!!
I'm Lindsey..Mommy to Miss Delaney almost 6 months!!
As for bottles..we have gone thru a couple different kinds to find a match for us. We tried Playtex Drop Ins, Avent, Parents Choice, Playtex Ventaire. We ended up going with the Parents Choice (the cheapies from Walmart! ) and she does great with them!! We have a few Avent also we use.
We started with just pumped milk and then eventually went to Formula and we started on Enfamil Lipil and went to the Enfamil Gentlease and it is great..we switched at about 4 months to the Sam's Club Gentle Formula.

I hope to see you lots in here and cant wait to see pics of Miss Brylie when she's born! Love the name!

May 18th, 2009, 09:36 PM
awe thanks for the warm welcome ladies!!

i get so many mixed reactions to her name it's nice to hear that people like it! Many people look at us like we're weirdos! But I really wanted to name her Rylee and Sam really liked Bailey..but that's his DOGS name so I said NO WAY!

I went to wal mart today and got 3 diff bottles (we are in a super small town and the selection is bare bones!) ... so far my fave is the Soothies brand. Sam likes them the best too...so you know that means Miss Brylie will hate them!

this seems like a great group! i am happy I finally popped over here!!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
May 18th, 2009, 10:45 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Welcome!!!

I'm Jenny, mom to Kaylin - almost 4 months.

I started out BFing, but also had supply issues and ended up giving it up when she was about 2 and a half months.

At first I used Playtex Drop Ins. They are great, but I felt like I was being wasteful with the liners. Plus, they weren't really helping what they were designed to help - spit up and such. We are now using Dr. Browns wide neck, and they are GREAT! She hardly spits up anymore.

Kaylin is on Enfamil Gentlease. She was VERY gassy when we first started formula, and the switch helped a ton! My hospital sent me home with a can of Enfamil Lipil and we tried that, but the gas was just too much... the ped suggested this and it's been great!
May 19th, 2009, 09:08 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Chelsea! I'm Sara (26), wife to Jaysen (26) and mommy to Cassidy (18 months) and #2 arriving soon! Cassidy was formula fed from 1 week old because...well, just because I said so! The new baby will be FF as well.

With Cassidy I used Avent bottles and then the Walmart brand as she got older...hated the Avent ones and loved the cheapies! However, what I did not like about them was that the necks of the Walmart ones are so narrow, I hated trying to get the formula into them. So this time I will be trying the Soothie brand (just like you!), and hoping they work well.

Congrats on your little girl, we can't wait to meet her!

Sara's beautiful children: Cassidy (5y) and Joel (3y 4m) and Timothy (almost 8 months)
Yes, I know I need a new picture .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search