Acid Reflux

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2009, 08:12 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Does anyone's baby have Acid Reflux?

I am pretty sure SOMETHING is going on with Kaylin, if it's not reflux, then I don't really know what it is. The amount she spits up is absolutely absurd. When I mentioned it to my pediatrician, she was extremely quick to blow it off and say "babies spit up. it's normal" Well... this isn't normal!!!!

SHe CONSTANTLY spits up. LIke at least every 15 minutes. And like HOURS after she eats. What the heck???

What can I do?
May 27th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Sounds like what Trinity was going through back when we switched her formula. Is she experiencing any pain? Is her BM normal?

Even after she switched formulas Trinity would occasionally have days when she spit up alot, then other days not at all.

May 28th, 2009, 01:34 PM
She fusses through every feeding. And she is constantly constipated.

I called the pediatrician today... I have had enough. I can't stand that she is constantly throwing up and so uncomfortable... not to mention all the laundry that comes along with it. LOL
May 28th, 2009, 03:47 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Katie was like that too....
turns out she could only tolerate RTF formula....
what kind are you giving Kaylin?

May 28th, 2009, 10:31 PM
powdered Gentlease
May 29th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
Carlie had reflux, too. But hers was silent, and she didn't spit up much. But she would scream and cry whenever I tried to feed her. Part of it was b/c she couldn't tolerate powdered formula and part of it was reflux. So I switched her to RTF and the dr. prescribed Prevacid. But I totally know what you're going through! It's so frustrating when the dr. doesn't listen. Be persistent and follow your mommy instincts.

May 29th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Rocker*mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm wondering if Hayden has reflux.. he spits up after almost every feeding.. i think he may not like the formula though but man is it annoying! i have to keep a bib on him when we go out so i dont have to constantly change his clothes.. and if i have him laying down hours later he spits up and it goes all over his hair! like right now lol i'm about to give him a bath because he did it a few minutes ago..
i'm not sure if he's in pain though and his BM seem normal so who knows..i'm gonna ask my pedi though cuz i also dont think its right

May 29th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Jessica, I hope you have better luck with your pedi than I did. My daughter had the same problems with spitting up when she was about Hayden's age. We knew it wasn't reflux because she wasn't showing signs of pain. She was just a frequent spitter. At first the doctor just blew it off, like "Babies spit up. No big deal." Until I kept going and bothering her enough that she recommended a formula change.

What kinda formula is he drinking? Powdered, RTF, or concentrate? Maybe he can't tolerate it and needs it in another form. I think that's part of what helped Trinity's spitting. I think the concentrate may have been too heavy for her little tummy, but the powder's been great.

May 29th, 2009, 09:43 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hopefully you find something that works

May 30th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Rocker*mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinitysMommy View Post
Jessica, I hope you have better luck with your pedi than I did. My daughter had the same problems with spitting up when she was about Hayden's age. We knew it wasn't reflux because she wasn't showing signs of pain. She was just a frequent spitter. At first the doctor just blew it off, like "Babies spit up. No big deal." Until I kept going and bothering her enough that she recommended a formula change.

What kinda formula is he drinking? Powdered, RTF, or concentrate? Maybe he can't tolerate it and needs it in another form. I think that's part of what helped Trinity's spitting. I think the concentrate may have been too heavy for her little tummy, but the powder's been great.
He's on the powdered similac advance early shield.. maybe i should try the other forms then before switching completely?? hmm thats interesting..its just getting hard to live with, its literally after every feeding now..

May 30th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
yes but it isnt that bad
May 30th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Jessica - how much is he spitting up? Is it just after the feeding? Remember that a little bit of spit up actually looks like a lot more than it really is, being mixed with saliva.

With Kaylin's reflux, she spits up constantly, all day long... about every 15 minutes. And it soaks her clothes AND mine.

Your LO is so young still. Give his tummy some time... Try everything else you can before changing his formula.... even to a ready-to-feed or concentrate.
-sit up up more while he eats
-keep him sitting up-right for about 30 minutes following a feeding
-take it slow - stop him every ounce and give him a break for a few minutes
-burp him more frequently - at least twice a feeding

That is just my opinion, but I tried EVERYthing before switching her formulas.
June 1st, 2009, 12:33 PM
Jen1409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jen1409
I've been wondering if Nicole could have reflux, she seems to spit up alot sometimes after eating and sometimes hours after eating. But it doesn't seem like she's in any pain?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search