Can I join?

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Veteran
I had DD Oct.5 and I had BF, but she decided she was going to wean herself and now I can't get her to nurse for the past few days at all. DS did the same thing for some reason around the same age. We are on WIC cuz DH got layed off and they give us the Good Start Protect plus but I don't think it agrees with her she has had awful gas lately.

May 29th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome. I'm Julie and my DD is Emily. I don't know much about BF because I didn't do it so I am no help with why she won't nurse. I used EBM and when we switched Emily to formula she was really gassy. We used mylicon drops in every other bottle. It worked and we have slowly weaned her off of them and don't use them unless we notice her getting gassy again.

May 29th, 2009, 08:51 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Welcome! Im Jenny, mommy to Kaylin, four months.

I breastfed for about 2.5 months... when I weaned Kaylin she was SUPER gassy. Switching her to a gentle formula solved it. We use Enfamil Gentlease. (of course now we switched to AR, because she has acid reflux.)

Try the Mylicon drops... you can find them at any drugstore, Target, BRU, etc.

Or you might be able to ask WIC to switch you to a Gentle formula... I am not familiar with Nestle Good Starts options, but almost all brands have a gentle formula where the proteins are broken down to be easier on the tummy and help with gas.
May 29th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyBlossom View Post
Or you might be able to ask WIC to switch you to a Gentle formula... I am not familiar with Nestle Good Starts options, but almost all brands have a gentle formula where the proteins are broken down to be easier on the tummy and help with gas.

Gentlease helped my baby's gas tons. I hope your LO gets some relief soon. As far as short term remedies, try massaging her tummy, put a warm towel on it, and try to bicycle pedal her legs to get the gas out.

Keep us posted!

May 30th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Veteran
Next time we have a WIC appointment I try to change it to the gentle formula.

Thanks!

May 30th, 2009, 09:14 AM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Save yourself some time and call your pediatrician first!! They have a "formula prescription" form. If your pediatrician doesn't know what it is, call your WIC office and make sure. I know some WIC offices require a doctor recommendation to switch formulas.
My WIC office didn't require it for Gentlease but the DID for AR... so you might do it just in case.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search