Nursery Water: Glorified Tap Water?

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
I recently started buying Nursery Water. Today when I was looking at the bottle I noticed that it said it was bottled from the municipal water supply in Mableton, GA. Wouldn't that make it no different from the local water supply, thereby making it the same as regular tap water? Did anyone else notice this?

May 30th, 2009, 08:08 PM
coastiemomx3's Avatar Missin my hubby!!!
No I haven't. Now that you mention it though I have an itch to go to the store and look at a bottle! What a ripoff!!!
May 31st, 2009, 10:51 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Yeah... most bottle water is saddly just pretty packaged tap water. LOL
June 1st, 2009, 08:02 AM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Unless they took the water from GA and put it through some kinda special purification process...it is just a rip off.

June 1st, 2009, 07:36 PM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
that is why I don't buy NURSERY water....which is twice as much as just plain bottled water (we have well water sooo I buy bottled for bottles)

June 1st, 2009, 08:13 PM
Veteran
We buy nursery water just because our tap taste horrible

June 1st, 2009, 09:13 PM
AmandaR
Yeah, it's the same stuff. In fact, my pedi suggested against it. We use spring water.
June 1st, 2009, 10:45 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
we now use just regular bottled water

June 1st, 2009, 10:50 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Before Nursery Water I made her bottles with regular bottled water. Our tap water is clean but I prefer the taste of bottled water, and I wouldn't give my baby something I wouldn't drink, KWIM? I started buying the Nursery Water because of the flouride in it since its about time for teeth to start coming. I may keep buying it because it is flouridated which was my purpose for buying it. I just don't like false advertising and I know some moms out there think they're buying something special when its no different from the water in their homes, and I don't think that's fair!

June 2nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
correct me if I am wrong.....but aren't most cities water supplies floridated anyway? sooo if regular bottled water is just tap water most likely they are getting the floride from there?

I could eb wrong lol we have well water....but I just thought I had heard most cities water supplies were floridated during the cleaning process?

June 2nd, 2009, 06:38 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
I've read that not all bottled water is flouridated.

June 3rd, 2009, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Jenny... Most bottle water is pretty packaged tap water.

I use Nursery Water and Gerber water, no complaints here.
June 3rd, 2009, 10:14 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
I didn't even know Gerber had water.

June 4th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I'm going to hi-jack this post with a couple questions of my own if that's ok TrinitysMommy LoL I have almost 3 month old twin boys. I used nursery water from day one. We moved about 2 weeks ago and the house has a PUR water faucet. I started using that once the nursery water ran out. One of my sons has had loose stools since then and now has diaper rash, I believe because of it. My other son is on soy formula and has very hard stools and that hasn't changed. I'm not sure if it was because of the change in water or if that was just coincidence. So, I was wondering if anyone else has tried to change from nursery water and then had to change back because of complications? Also, I was wondering if I should contact the Dr in regards to his loose stools? When we first came home from the hospital each boy went to the bathroom (#2) at every feeding. Then it changed to once a day. My son with the loose stools is back to going at every feeding and sometimes in between. He's gained weight since the Dr appt on 5/19 but I'm still nervous. Is he getting all his nutrients? And the burts bees diaper ointment isn't getting rid of the diaper rash either! Not sure if I should be concerned or not..sorry if that's too many questions!
June 4th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Proud Happy Single Mom
I'll never use nursery water. I think it's a waste of money. I have a PUR water faucet and a big water filter system that sits on my counter. I just use that
June 4th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
That is weird that his stools changed exactly when you stopped using the nursery water, but the PUR filtrated water should be of good quality too. Maybe you should get some nursery water and see if the problem goes away once he's back on it. That could solve the mystery. If they were still loose after going back to the nursery water, I'd ask the doctor about it.

Trinity was the same way when she was brand new. She pooped all the time, then within a month or two she began going once a day and she stayed that way up until she started solid foods. Now she's back to going multiple times a day. If he's gaining weight and having plenty of wet diapers I'd say he sounds pretty nourished.

I've never dealt with diaper rash before, but you could try changing him more often and maybe put some powder down there to absorb the moisture instead of the ointment.

Good luck and keep us posted!

June 9th, 2009, 08:52 AM
I did go back to the nursery water and within a couple feedings his stools were back to "normal." I'm not sure if it was because of the water or maybe he had a 48 hour thingy..but he didn't have a fever or vomiting..diaper rash is almost cleared up. I tried burts bees ointment and it didn't seem to stick to well to the skin, so I tried golds bond medicated baby powder and it's been almost 2 days since starting that and it's almost gone. So, I'd recommend that to anyone!
June 9th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
That's weird, but good that he's gotten better!

June 10th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
I just use regular tap water, but I live in the city. I drank it while I was preggo so they were getting it then.

June 18th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Regular
Get a Brita !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search