Update on Kaylin's Reflux

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2009, 09:26 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
The pediatrician recommended putting a bit of rice cereal in her bottles. Well - I wasn't thrilled with that idea at ALL. I asked what the difference would be if I just gave her Enfamil AR... since it's roughly the same idea. She said that would be just fine.

I had to go by there office to get a formula switch form for WIC. And the pediatrician was shocked! Kaylin spit up three times in the 15 minutes we were there. And she was making this squeaking noise that the doctor said was stomach acid hitting her vocal chords. Who knew?!?

I went to my WIC office and got my vouchers for next month and the two cans I have from this month switched to Enfamil AR. In the meantime, I also bought a giant can from Target. It was on sale for only $22! And it was a 30 oz can!!! Couldn't pass it up...

I started her on the new AR formula this morning.

She is a WHOLE NEW BABY! I don't know where this kid came from... but it breaks my heart that she was more miserable than I realized.

The first thing I noticed about the formula was how DANG thick it was!!! It's like a milkshake! She doesn't eat as much, like I thought might happen. She is only taking about 4 - 6 oz. where she took 8 oz. or more before.

She hasn't spit up ONCE today. Well... I take that back. She spit a little, but it was because she was screaming crying in the car and there wasn't a thing I could do until we stopped.

She is just so much more content! She takes the bottle without a fuss. SHe easts calmly. She burps better. Everything is just a MILLION times better.

I assumed it would take a few days. Nope. ONE FEEDING and she was fine.

We are happy campers now.
May 30th, 2009, 10:57 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is awesome! =)

May 31st, 2009, 01:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is so great to hear! Im glad you found something that is working!! =)

May 31st, 2009, 06:52 AM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
That's awesome!! Reflux is awful!!! I hope she continues to do better!

May 31st, 2009, 08:56 AM
Rocker*mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thats great! I hope I get lucky when i take Hayden in, this spitting up is ridiculous and I feel so bad for him..

I'm so glad that something worked so quickly for you guys! :-)

May 31st, 2009, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
That is awesome. I don't know if you read the back of the container but it tells you to have the formula sit for 5 minutes. You are think what difference does that make... It makes a difference. Are you still using the regular bottles or did you get cereal bottles? when I was feeding it to my son I switched to the cereal nipple. I think that it worked so much better. I hope that it is still working.

May 31st, 2009, 10:25 AM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Great news!

May 31st, 2009, 12:20 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisteen View Post
That is awesome. I don't know if you read the back of the container but it tells you to have the formula sit for 5 minutes. You are think what difference does that make... It makes a difference. Are you still using the regular bottles or did you get cereal bottles? when I was feeding it to my son I switched to the cereal nipple. I think that it worked so much better. I hope that it is still working.
I am still using Dr. Brown's stage two nipples... but we might bump her to a stage three. It comes out soooooooo sloooooow LOL

I did notice the label saying to let it sit... I always make a pitcher every night for the next day. So it sits over night in the fridge. The cold also helps settle it, I noticed. This did pose a problem today when we were at church and I had to make her a bottle... but it wasn't too big of a deal. I just had to distract her for five minutes while it settled.
June 1st, 2009, 08:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
I really glad it is working for you!! I had to go to Nutramigen but they think that Keelen has allergies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search