bottle warmers...

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2009, 07:33 AM
Rocker*mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know not everyone warms their bottles, and i wish i didnt have to lol, but hayden wont eat unless its somewhat warm

so how do you warm them? use a warmer? hot water?

if you use a bottle warmer, are they worth it? i'm thinking of getting one just to make it easier at night...

anywone have advice?? thanks:-)

June 1st, 2009, 11:59 AM
Tia loves her Trinity!
I use a First Years bottle warmer. I swear by it for the simple fact that I don't like to give her the formula right after its been mixed. I like to refrigerate it and let it settle. Back when I used to make it and give it straight to her it was foamy and made her gassy and spit up. Plus the clumps never settled all the way.

June 1st, 2009, 06:21 PM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
we don't warm bottles....unless they come outta the fridge (and even then I only warm them if it's aroundbedtime.....)

when I do warm them I just run them under hot tap water

June 1st, 2009, 07:53 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
I have First Years Quick Serve bottle warmer. I warm all of Kaylin's bottles to about room temperature to be easier on her tummy. If we are out and about, she tends to like a cool bottle since it's hot outside.

But if I am at home, I always warm it.

It is warmed and ready to go by time I get her diaper changed, and wash my hands.

My only note would be - if you are using Dr. Brown's bottles - DO NOT fill the bottle fuller than 8 oz. (There is a little line on the bottle that says "Do Not Fill Above Here" or something to that effect.) It will over flow and spill into the warmer and make a huge stinky mess!
June 2nd, 2009, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I use the Avent bottle warmer and love it. you can even warm jars of food.

June 5th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Rocker*mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyBlossom View Post
I have First Years Quick Serve bottle warmer. I warm all of Kaylin's bottles to about room temperature to be easier on her tummy. If we are out and about, she tends to like a cool bottle since it's hot outside.

But if I am at home, I always warm it.

It is warmed and ready to go by time I get her diaper changed, and wash my hands.

My only note would be - if you are using Dr. Brown's bottles - DO NOT fill the bottle fuller than 8 oz. (There is a little line on the bottle that says "Do Not Fill Above Here" or something to that effect.) It will over flow and spill into the warmer and make a huge stinky mess!
I just bought this one a couple days ago!! its great! its cheaper than the other ones out there and it works just fine! i'm so happy cuz it makes life sooo much easier.. before i was running the bottles under hot water and it took forever cuz i would constantly have to pull it out and check the temp.. but with this warmer i just stick it in and walk away and come back to a warmed bottle lol
so thank you!! and i'm using the Dr.Brown bottles in it and its great:-)

June 7th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a car formula warmer but we havent used it yet! lol...She has to have hers warmed too but shes getting to the point now where I can have a bottle of water in the diaper bag room temp and she will take it ok.

June 8th, 2009, 01:19 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
If I can I just use warm water to mix it. Otherwise I use the microwave, and just shake the bottle really well after. I've never had a problem with it "burning" the baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search