Wasting formula

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone is feeding Trinity and they waste formula. I know how much she drinks when she wakes up, before/after her solid feeding, before bed, etc. It can range anywhere from 4-6 oz. When I leave someone a schedule for her and they don't follow it (I.e. Give her a bottle when she doesn't really want it just because she's fussy, giving her too much, feeding her too close together, etc.) it really pisses me off. We all know formula is not cheap and every time a few ounces get poured down the drain it can add up.

Am I the only one who gets upset when DH/SO, grandparents, babysitter, etc. waste formula? I know its inevitable sometimes cuz baby won't always drink it all. But when it can be avoided it upsets me.

June 8th, 2009, 09:30 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Oh I get ticked!!!!

I left Kaylin in the church nursery about a mont ago... Kaylin was fussing because she was tired. So the 14 year old idiot shoves the bottle in her mouth.
Then she freaks at ME because she threw the whole thing up on the carpet.
She goes, "You need to clean the floor because your baby threw up on it.
I was like... not only did you force feed my child... you wasted about $2 of her milk. I was TICKED.

My mom threw away the can with about a half a scoop on the bottom of it... I took it out of the trash after I flipped out on her!! She thought I was nuts.... LOL
June 8th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
You just said one of my biggest annoyances...

I can't stand when someone assumes that she's hungry everytime she fusses. I'm like, "Do you not know any other way to soothe a baby besides sticking a bottle in its mouth?" 90% of the time she fusses isn't out of hunger.

June 10th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
I know that I am not crazy then. I don't like anyone else to feed my child unless I present. I have twins and I keep them on the same schedule. I would not be happy if they got off the schedule because someone was stupid!!

June 10th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
I'm very anal about Trinity's feeding schedule too. Some say I'm too uptight. If a feeding is an hour off it throws everything off during her day. I just got her on a good nighttime schedule and I don't want it getting messed up because somebody can't tell the difference between hunger, restlessness, boredom, etc.

June 10th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I understand!! Delaney is on a schedule too for the most part. For awhile In laws were always like "ohh shes hungry" no matter what! Im like at least try something else!

June 12th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyBlossom View Post
Oh I get ticked!!!!

I left Kaylin in the church nursery about a mont ago.. So the 14 year old idiot shoves the bottle in her mouth.

LOL

Sorry, I would guess that you are a pretty passionate person, but the whole, leaving the child in a church nursery then calling a 14 year (a child) old helper an idiot...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search