GTK Mommy: 6/12

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
Would you let your child get one if he/she asked?

June 12th, 2009, 10:14 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
I used to have my belly button pierced. But being pregnant made it stretch to much and now it won't hold a bar anymore. Plus that is my ONE and only stretch mark... right above my belly ring hole.
June 12th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have one tiny tattoo on my hip
I have my ears pierced (got them done when I was 7 months old!) and the top of the cartilidge in one ear and my Tragus pierced on my other ear

It depends on the age for her wanting piercings and tattoos and what they are! I dont mind them..but its hard to think of her as a teen asking for those! lol

June 13th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Rocker*mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have just my ears peirced...which i got when i was 18!! ridiculous i know haha
DF has several piercings and a tattoo on his left forearm.. i want a tattoo sometime..

DF got his first ear peircing in 3rd grade lol so he said hayden can get one whenever... but i say i want him in highschool before he gets anything.. i'm ok with tattoos but i think i would want him to wait till he was older just incase..or get something that has a meaning for his first one

June 13th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
I have my ear pierced once and no tattoos. I will let my girls get their ears pierced if that want to. My boy will not until they turn 18 and out of the house... same goes for the tattoos- not until they are out of the house. Sounds rediculous but I don't like them so I don't want to see them.

June 13th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
I have 3 chinese symbols on my back, my navel, ears, and tongue pierced. And I also have a piercing in a private place.

Trinity's ears are already pierced. If she asked to pierce something else it would just depend on what it was. If she wanted her belly button or something discreet done I think I would let her get it if she was at least 16. Nothing too adult though (I.e. nipple, genital, or tongue piercings). No tattoos either. She'd have to wait until she's 18 for those.

June 14th, 2009, 10:19 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have my belly button, ears (3x) and my tragus pierced. I used to have my nose but I took it out before our wedding. I have one tattoo on my left foot and I want another one...not sure what or where...something horse related though

sam has no ink or metal but we agree Brylie will get her ears pierced whenever she asks for them (I was 3 when I got mine so she will probably be about 3ish?)
If she wants something else pierced when she is older Sam and I are ok with two things: nose and bellybutton. Anything else, when she is 18 and out of the house. My mom took me to get my BB when I was 15.

Tattoos when she is 18 she can do what she wants, but I will encourage her to think long term

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 15th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
I was 18 when I got my navel pierced but still in high school. I asked my mom first even though I didn't have to. My mom's the type that says she would rather go with me than have me sneak off to some (possibly) unsanitary piercing place. That's the philosophy I have. As long as its not too grown up and she's not getting it for the wrong reasons (I.e. To attract boys or because everyone else is doing it).

My mom went with me to get my tattoos too. I was a freshman and college then, but she still went with me.

June 16th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
only my ears and I dunno

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search