Soy question

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Rocker*mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How bad is it to give baby soy formula if he doesnt have a defficiency?
Hayden is on Similac Sensetive right now and it seems to be better on his tummy.. but DF's mom bought us a big tub of similac isomil because she thought it would be better since DF was on it and so was their neighbor.. ugh i told her i didnt want to do it yet but she did it anyway of course.. so im running out of the sensitive and wonder if it would be bad on him if i switched and used up the isomil??
I wanted to ask my pedi today but totally forgot because we were talking about a bunch of other issues he has lol poor little guy

June 15th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Hazelnut Latte's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tried soy before I went to Similac Sensitive which is what my son is on now. The only reason I switched from soy to sensitive was that he got constipated pretty badly to where I had to give him diluted prune juice every other day. You may or may not have that problem, but it's worth a shot I think.

June 16th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
My baby was briefly on soy milk. She was having issues with spitting up and runny stools so the doctor recommended it (Even though no one really believed she had a milk allergy). Her spit up became much thicker and it made her poop weird colors. Some babies don't tolerate formula switches well. If he's doing well on the Sensitive you may wanna stick with it instead of introducing him to another formula that may create more problems.

June 17th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Rocker*mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ya when i told my mom what i might be doing, she didnt like the idea at all and bought me another thing of sensitive lol so thats what i'm sticking to and for now the soy is sitting unopened on the counter..

June 17th, 2009, 10:17 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Yeah, if he is doing fine on the sensitive, I wouldn't switch him. Some babies don't tolerate a switch well at all (ahem... Kaylin. LOL)
June 18th, 2009, 07:49 PM
mrschamberlain's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As soon as I switched Kaeden to soy, his stools have been so hard that we also have been giving him prune juice. It got to the point where he was tearing when he pooped, so we are switching him off of it.
Angie-wife to Justin, mom to Kaeden, and TTC #2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search